8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Is there a Film club in massachusetts?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is there a Film club in massachusetts?
Bill Shenette
Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2015 12:29 PM      Profile for Bill Shenette   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Shenette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello I would Like to know if there is a Film club in massachusetts that collectors can get togather and watch old films any thinkg from reg -8 super-8 16 mm silent or sound.
Sincerely Bill

--------------------
Live life to the fullest each and every day. You never know when you will be called home to Glory.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 04, 2015 01:01 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bill,

I bet there were many at one time. There still is one here on Long Island except they went video decades ago and I don't think I'd like the reaction I'd get if I showed up with a projector and a couple of reels there these days!

However, there is a place you can go twice a year and have a weekend full of film and nothing but film. CineSea meets Spring and Fall at the Ocean Holiday Hotel in Wildwood New Jersey.

Nothing fancy, nothing huge, just good, clean film fun!

CineSea Video

The next one will be Saturday April 25th, although it does informally start on Friday and informally ends on Sunday.

As far as travel goes, we always have someone attending from Massachusetts and they are further away from New Jersey than you are. We also have someone who has come from Texas (twice) and Iceland (twice) (He flew.......duh!), so it must be worth it.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 04, 2015 01:47 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and then there's shorty, whereabouts; unknown

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2015 01:47 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
However, there is a place you can go twice a year and have a weekend full of film and nothing but film. CineSea meets Spring and Fall at the Ocean Holiday Hotel in Wildwood New Jersey.

WOW Steve, great, honest, promo!

Bill, It's everything Steve says it is and then some. Great get together !

Safe driving. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Jon

Bill Shenette
Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2015 01:03 PM      Profile for Bill Shenette   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Shenette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would go but I do not like to travel long distances:(.
I went to NJ with a friend rode with hom we went to the Edison National Park.
I also may have a radio club meet that day. Not sure.
I Greatly appreciate all that you guys do
have a Blessed day.
Sincerely\
Bill

--------------------
Live life to the fullest each and every day. You never know when you will be called home to Glory.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC