8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » "Jaws" the blu-ray

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Jaws" the blu-ray
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 08, 2016 04:53 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well this might be the film to show at your up and coming CineSea [Big Grin] seeing that's its close to the sea.

Anyway enjoyed watching the Blu-ray with its excellent picture and sound. "Jaws" has lost none of its appeal, sadly so many of the original cast are no longer with us but will always be remembered in this timeless film.
 -
 -
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 08, 2016 06:53 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roy Scheider always turned in an excellent performance. One of his last great performances was in RKO 281, where he played the beleaguered RKO Studio head who went out on a limb for Orson Wells to produce Citizen Kane.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2016 03:52 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I first saw this on general release in 1975 at the ABC in Newport, South Wales - my father took me to see it as I was 9 at the time. On its 40th anniversary re release - I took my daughter to see it. I have the 2x400ft on Super 8 and the Blu Ray release and I've seen this film hundreds of times - and I never get bored of it - it is a true timeless classic with wonderful performances and excellent direction.

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2016 08:17 AM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last time I saw Jaws on the big screen was at Radio City Music Hall in New York ("The world's largest indoor screen"). It's too bad Cinevision didn't release the double digest in scope.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2016 11:23 AM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the JAWS Blu Ray -- outstanding fun, and it looks great in the home theatre. Decades ago, I had the 200-foot digest but gave it away -- the editing was way too choppy in my opinion.

Another "sea" movie that dropped "jaws" among my audience in my home theatre is IN THE HEART OF THE SEA -- I screened this one off of pay-per-view -- best reaction I ever received from an audience since I've been doing home screenings for decades. The picture quality was awe-inspiring, and the sound literally rocked the house. Wow -- I'll never look back given what's now available for home theatres.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 09, 2016 11:34 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roy Scheider has always been a favorite actor of mine. I never had the feeling that he was "phoning in" a performance, even in lesser films. He was always reliable. Talk about someone who could have played a great Jedi master!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 10, 2016 01:17 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i also think Roy Scheider was a very good actor, we have a 16mm copy of all that jazz and his performance in that is tops.

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2016 01:25 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, All That Jazz is a terrific movie, hugely underrated these days. SHOWTIME!

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 10, 2016 03:52 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are 2 blu rays, a better one scanned at 4K I think and a 2K.

In have the 2K and it still looks great.

Anyone got the 4K one ?

Best Mark.

PS the medicince I was put on for blood pressure looks as if its making me much worse. Any natural type advice please. I was put on full scale beta bloc a s.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 10, 2016 08:58 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,
Cinammon is supposedly a natural ingredient for reducing blood pressure. Sprinkle it on your cereal in the morning.
Walking about 45 minutes a day, at a brisk pace, will drop it by 20 points in a couple of months.
Good luck.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 11, 2016 11:20 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JAWS was a film you could really sink you're teeth into. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 11, 2016 02:13 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul, I`ll give it a go. Rather try foods etc though may beed to be on tabs as well.

Best Mark.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2016 05:44 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark

Depends how high your reading is. From what you are describing it must be sky high. Talk to your doc about your medication they can change it if it is causing you problems. Once you get it stabilised at 120/80 yoiu will be fine Also changie your lifestyle lose weight , exercise, eat fruit/veg blueberries cinnamon bananas all help, cut down salt, fast food if you smoke bin it now and if you drink do it on a moderate basis and also relax!!!!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC