8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » In The Summertime

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In The Summertime
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 06, 2018 12:15 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you lot are enjoying your summer [Smile] up there in the Northern Hemisphere...I dedicate this old record to you. Originally recorded back in 1970, my teenage years [Roll Eyes] it was a huge hit at the time, anyway here it is from Mungo Jerry [Cool]

https://youtu.be/oYnBNbcU9i4

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 06, 2018 11:37 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember that song very well Graham...was that a "one hit wonder" for Mungo Jerry? It was very popular at the time. This song is very "California"...Summer is raging here...a great time of year. Got my son and grandkids driving up for SoCal to visit today. Going to take advantage of this beautiful weather we are having.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2018 02:37 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember that, and Jerry Keller's 'Here comes Summer'.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2018 03:51 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a relative (a five year old first cousin, twice removed) called Summer. That song always reminds me of her, in fact it was almost the first thing I thought of when I heard her name for the first time. It was literally "Here Comes Summer."

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 06, 2018 05:49 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty much a one hit wonder Janice but its one you never forget [Smile]

Interesting story Brian [Smile]

The last summer we spent in the Northern Hemisphere was way back in 1992. I notice on Facebook at the moment, the old Waverley paddle steamer doing its regular summer sailings on the Clyde. If you are ever up in Scotland, its well worth going on one. Here is a quick video I took of her during the summer of 1992. [Smile]

https://vimeo.com/194210713

This is one that Janice will remember Scott Mc Kenzie..."San Francisco" I have come to the conclusion all the best music was from the 60s and 70s [Smile]

https://youtu.be/ENrmULWKbeM

[ July 06, 2018, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Graham Ritchie ]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 08, 2018 05:37 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check this out.
It's the English version of the Spanish/French childrens' cartoon "Pirata & Capitano" showing on Channel 5 Milkshake! programme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5rVR0yTBw

--------------------
Maurice

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 08, 2018 10:11 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very good Maurice [Big Grin]

and on that note....chh chh-chh, uh, chh chh-chh uh, In The Summertime...da da da da.... [Big Grin]

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2018 11:21 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was 19 in 1967 when McKenzie released that song. It was sort of the theme song for the Hippie movement. It was a wonderful time. Then our involvement in Viet Nam ramped up and things turned to $hit.

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2018 08:03 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember this record very well. I remember that, in stereo, each line of the singing alternated from left channel to right channel.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC