8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » 3D Glasses (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 3D Glasses
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 02, 2019 05:44 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have never dreamt after wandering into Portland Films on Shaftesbury Avenue London so long ago to collect my Super 8 400ft 3D sound film of Mad Magician I would be watching a 3D hi-def resto of the full feature on my home cinema screen years later for sure.

So much of the golden era 50's 3D material is now available and of course these were the real 3D films for me, shot with film and by various systems sometime dragged out of moth balls to film with. Some films such as Cease Fire were filmed in 3D but never screened in the format and only available to see them now as they were intended to be watched. Pretty mind blowing..

We have great affection for A*P*E which is really a shocker but so bad its good. This Korean 1976 ape 3D film is worth having if only for being so unbelievable but it sure is fun.

*Ape defy Jaws
*Ape teeming city
*Ape demolish ocean liner
*Ape vanquish monster reptile

|  IP: Logged

Rodney Bourke
Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2019 07:05 PM      Profile for Rodney Bourke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Talking about 3-D here is a 3-D Festival for Short Films in Super 8 or Digital here in the Land Down Under.

SUNDAY 31st March 2019
3-D Festival

3-D Super 8 Film Festival 2-3pm (Cinema One )
3-D Digital Festival 3-4pm ( Cinema Two )

3-D Entries & Show and Tell also Welcome. Glasses Provided on the day, or you can BYO Glasses.
Also a Discussion, on Different Types of 3-D in Film & Digital Cameras and Projectors.

Craigieburn, Melbourne,VIC.
Contact: Mobile/SMS : 043 803 6718, Ph (03) 9306 1842 email: melb-mic@hotmail.com
Or if you would like to write or send in a 3-D Entry to: P.O. Box 92 Glenroy, Melbourne, VIC, 3046.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 19, 2019 08:47 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rodney

Could you get back here later after your event with some photos and information of the 3D presentation on both digital and Super 8...? [Smile]

Rodney Bourke
Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2019 10:13 PM      Profile for Rodney Bourke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham the 3-D Festival Event is organised by Edward Nicielnik of Melbourne,
I am about a 4 hour drive away but I am happy to Promote and Assist Ed's 3-D Event.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 23, 2019 12:47 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night it was the turn of Jumanji "Welcome to the Jungle" in 3D, and its absolutely stunning. [Cool]

A while ago we watched the 2D version and really enjoyed the movie, but the 3D takes it to a whole new level. The conversion to 3D is perfect from start to finish. The movie is a real fun ride. The casting is perfect and I understand all four actors are returning for another.

Watching the "making of" you can see how well the cast not only work together, but having fun doing it. Dwayne Johnson and other cast members including the stunt people were full of praise of Scottish actress Karen Gillan who not only did all her own stunts, but kicks butt doing it [Big Grin]

On the front cover it states "hilarious and packs a punch" well that pretty sums up the movie.....brilliant stuff, highly recommend it especially in 3D.
 -

Bob Furmanek
Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2019 04:35 PM      Profile for Bob Furmanek   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Furmanek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee, you have very good taste! [Wink]

Graham, welcome to the club. You might enjoy our website - www.3dflmarchive.com

Our latest release is JIVARO, which was seen flat only in 1954!

--------------------
Bob Furmanek
www.3dFilmArchive.com

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 06, 2019 07:04 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bob [Smile]

However Internet Explorer cant find it.

I did watch "Life Of PI" over the weekend. I first watched it at the cinema in 3D when it came out, so it was great to re-visit it again using the Epson VP, which so far the 3D has worked out really well [Cool]
 -

Bob Furmanek
Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2019 11:10 AM      Profile for Bob Furmanek   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Furmanek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just pulled the site up on Internet Explorer. Here you go:

http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/

--------------------
Bob Furmanek
www.3dFilmArchive.com

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 07, 2019 12:33 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Bob that's brilliant

What a fantastic web-site [Smile]

Graham [Smile]

Bob Furmanek
Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2019 01:53 PM      Profile for Bob Furmanek   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Furmanek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much.

I highly recommend our 3-D RARITIES release through Flicker Alley. It's region free too!

--------------------
Bob Furmanek
www.3dFilmArchive.com

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 08, 2019 05:01 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bob I'm one of your biggest fans on the other 3D forum :-)
The very best to you and the team.

Bob Furmanek
Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2019 10:31 AM      Profile for Bob Furmanek   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Furmanek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're very kind, thank you!

JIVARO is our latest release: http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/jivaro

--------------------
Bob Furmanek
www.3dFilmArchive.com

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 09, 2019 01:27 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bob

I checked out your trl for "3D Rarities" and it looks great, I hope to buy a copy soon, on condition my financial advisor "the wife" gives me the OK. [Smile]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 21, 2019 02:43 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone want to go to Mars?...well if you can't afford the trip, watching the 3D Blu-ray is the next best thing. Unlike many movies these days, this one takes its time, giving one the chance to view the Martian surface in 3D, which I should add looks great.

"The Martian" is a good story of survival, so if you enjoy watching 3D at a slower pace, then I would add this one to my list.....its really good.
 -

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC