8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Keeping the knowledge

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keeping the knowledge
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 31, 2015 02:54 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some people are very amazing. I was talking on the phone with a French ninefiver and I put in the discusssion that I had a small issue with a projector. I can hardly explain this technical point with my limited English but to give you an idea : I have a three gauges sound projector (Heurtier Superson) -so far without the sound base- and the picture had a kind of unsteadiness (the perforations were not jumping, only a part of the picture and not strongly). Our magician told me, after I described (in French but still not easily on the phone to tell what you see on the screen escpecially when it is a small problem) that it was because the shutter was set on the 8 mm position. He told me how to change the position and it did work. I has also a trouble with the arms and he could immediately tell me what it was (so I solved the two only troubles I had with htis projector). Going further on the conversation he also told me how to set easily my Buckingham at 16 fps if needed. People like that are valuable. Like several members of this forum. Maybe be should keep written records of all the tips and advise we receive so that they will not be lost after us.

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 31, 2015 02:59 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Experience gained through ownership of any machine is invaluable to anyone new to them.

Many years of using any of them,teaches us all many lessons, especially if in frequent use!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2015 11:47 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree,when I got my first Standard 8mm projector for Christmas 6 years ago I didn't know anything about them or what to look for if it didn't work!
I tried to play a Super 8mm film on it and didn't work and I was puzzled!
But years later I like to think I have a good learnt knowledge of what to do or look for if I have trouble with any of my projectors / films or film guages 8mm , super 8mm , 16mm and 9.5mm.

Only the Super 8mm sound projectors are beyond me with the electronic boards etc!
Many of my problems were solved by asking here in the forum
That's the great thing about this worldwide forum - help from anywhere is here and from film buffs [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC