Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.5 ANNUAL GET-TOGETHER 2021 updates

News as of today.

Harpenden Halls the usual venue for the film event is not available to use due to Covid limitations.

Group 9'5 are looking now for another venue so will post updates on here as soon as we have them. Suspect it may be in a different area perhaps.
    Keep positive and keep those 9-5 films rolling!

That's disappointing. I don't suppose this will help but I've seen that various events at the hall are being moved to the HARPENDEN ERIC MORECAMBE CENTRE, so if by any chance that venue was accommodating and affordable, that would keep it in Harpenden. I quite like the 9.5 spring venue in Pimlico - particularly the upper hall.

Comment

Thanks very much Ade I will feed that back today.

Comment

It sounds like we may be heading to Rickmansworth outside London UK for the 9.5 Get-together but when I get firm news will update further.

Comment

ITS ON!

9.5mm ANNUAL CONVENTION
          11am 24th October 2021

Venue
          WAR MEMORIAL HALL
          COMMON ROAD
          CHORLEYWOOD
          WD3 5LN

See you there!

Comment

Is it at that place ? It's the same town name but the place looks like a school : Film Collectors Fair for cine at Chorleywood 2018 - YouTube

Comment

The one in that video is in the Scout hall, Orchard Drive, Chorley Wood and is very small, this is in a hall that also seems to be a Theatre School only about 150 metres away as the crow flies. The one in the school, of course, is at Croxley (Big Screen Scene Revival, Harvey Road Primary).

Comment

As far as I know this is it Dom
                Click image for larger version

Name:	chroleywood-memorial-hall.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	38997

Comment

and there is plenty of parking opposite the venue too!

Comment

I am very grateful that an alternative venue has been found fairly nearby...it would have been such a pity to alow another year to pass.

I live in a town relatively close to both Harpenden and Chorleywood, and as I recall the venue is quite nice. Thank you Lee...this is something to look forward to!

Comment

More details will be forthcoming I am sure so keep an ear.

Comment

I've not heard any more about the event so please contact Group 9-5 thru the members magazine to assure its going ahead.

Comment

I found this Metropolitan Line cab ride video of the trip into town through Chorleywood today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbOb28YnLtk
                          It seems it is (or was) the least used station on the line.

Comment

I'm not yet sure I will be able to attend this event. Belgium is on UK's "amber list", so to enter the country, an expensive covid test is mandatory (even for vaccinated people). What's more, Eurostar is still running only one train a day (they announced more trains for "mid Augustus", but still nothing).

Comment

IT IS DEFINITELY ON AND HAPPENING CONFIRMED OVER WEEKEND phew.

Dom might be better to wait till next year the whole travelling thing has become a enormous event in itself and will probably overshadow this timeless event for you. Things are oft worth waiting for..

Comment

Working...
                              X