No announcement yet.

9.5 ANNUAL GET-TOGETHER 2021 updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad luck, I will travel on Thursday 21st...

Comment

Dom greetings from Penicillin Central ha.

I will pm you my mobile number as if you need local transport give us a ring more than pleased to help with the distance you will be travelling.

Not long now keen 9-5ers The first amateur film gauge.

Comment

Thanks a lot, Lee. Transport should not a problem. I'm only worriyng about the day 2 covid test. If i'm tested negative, that will be a huge relief.

Comment

Pleased to report the new Steve the Horse Blu Ray which contains 9-5 extras will be avaliable at the event. We will have limited available but it looks good.
          Come On Steve

Comment

Before travelling to the UK, I forgot to check if there is a 9.5 meeting this Saturday. I suppose not because there is the Film fair on Sunday but as you never know, could a member of the Group 9.5 check for me in the magazine, please ? I'm in London but didn't get my covid test result, yet so everything can happen...

Comment

Dom. Last meeting was on 16th Oct and next one is on 6th Nov Convict 99

Nov 27th they are showing Son of Frankenstein which hopefully I will be travelling to London to see being a Lugosi nut.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your quick answer

Comment

It has been a fantastic day. I took some pictures but cannot load them from my phone (memmory full), so that will be for later. I want to inform all the people with whom I shared my concerns about my lost passeport, that, as hoped, it failed from my jacket in my room. I'm not illegal in the UK anymore. What a relief ! Thanks a lot to all those who organized this day. I enjoyed it so much.

Comment

I enjoyed the event too, so much and good to see and chat to people I hadn't seen for a while, that I didn't take as many pictures as I intended (and the camera was on the wrong setting for a couple) but here are mine

Comment

Thanks for the photos Brian. Couldn’t make it this year. Nice to see that Dom made it, but I don’t see Tony Raepert, was he there? Anymore photos would be appreciated.

Comment

Tony was there, Terry. I was happy to see him and had chats with him.

Comment

We have been blessed to have 2 events this year and once again great to spend time with cine people.
                          It was sad to see some of our old friends quite frail but time does not stand still for anyone as we know.

8mm and 16mm sales were brisk but 9-5 fairly slow. We managed to buy a couple of nice Agfa features on 8, some shorts along with some 16mm trailers.

Ended a lovely weekend visiting Pinewood Studios where at present they are filming the new Star Wars series a bit of a trip down memory lane for me.

Blackpool next in November and very much looking forward to it!

Comment

Dom
                            glad he made it and I know he is always pleased to see and chat with you. I just worry about him ‘cos as Lee says, some are looking a little frail nowadays. Good to see from the photos that the event looked fairly well attended.
                            Any more photos?

Comment

Terry, all I can say is that I hope we'll all stay around as long as possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211025_221828.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	45377

Name:	IMG_20211024_110521.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	45378
                              Tony had the first table on the left when you enter the hall, so on the picture, that is above, on the right.

Name:	IMG_20211024_111050.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	45379

Name:	IMG_20211024_110535.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	45380
                              The Bring And Buy table.

Name:	IMG_20211024_110528.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	45381

Name:	IMG_20211024_110735.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	45382

Name:	IMG_20211024_120437.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	45383

Name:	IMG_20211024_111106.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	45384
                              When you see forum member Lee Mannering, he's busy with a camera, a film or a projector

Name:	IMG_20211024_145103.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	45385
                              The items displayed for the auction.

Name:	IMG_20211024_145556.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	45386
                              This Pathé Marignan went for a very low price. I would have bought it if it would have been possible to carry it to Belgium but since it's a sound machine, you have two other pieces of equipment to carry as well. I noticed a 9.5 magnetic sound film I was interested in on the table but during the auction, it was said that it was sold with the projector (to test it). But I was happy to get a 9.5 sound version of Trooping The Colour (a title that obviousely every British ninefivers had already) for £10.

Name:	IMG_20211024_120406.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	45388

There are been two projections : one with Pathescope releases : Thundering Taxis, We Did It, Father Thames and Captain Kidd-ing and one with amateur films, amongst them, some very good.

Name:	IMG_20211025_221904.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	45387

Name:	IMG_20211024_132451.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	45389

Hopefully, other members will add more photos.

Comment

Brian & Dominique,

Thank you for the photos. It's great to see a well attended event with lots of films. Dominique, I'm glad you found your passport....I would have been going crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X