Wanted: first 16mm sound projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zachary Greenberg View Post
    Great choice Scott- The 16CL is a fine machine and, being a slot-loader, is very gentle on rare film prints!

I second Maurice's comment on checking out the rubber film rollers. If they are sticky/gooey don't fret as replacements are commonly available on eBay etc. All you need to replace them is a couple of minutes time and a screwdriver.

Elmo lenses are high quality. Usually the 16CL comes with the standard 50mm f1.2 lens. Depending on how close the projector is to the screen and how large you want the image, you may want wider-angle lenses. Elmo also made a 38mm lens, a 20mm lens, a zoom 35-65mm lens, and a 0.8-1.2x converter adapter that you screw onto the front of other lenses (turning them into zoom lenses albeit with a limited range).

I use the 20mm lens for home projection and while it is somewhat harder to find than the others, it provides a bright, crisp and large image. I'd imagine though for most contexts the 50mm or 38mm lens does the trick. If you don't project cinemascope films often the 35-65mm zoom lens is great as an all-in-one adjustable option as well!
    Wonderful. I have a scope for for super 8 so probably will be interested in getting one eventually or if one pops up. As for the lens. I’ll do a test this weekend and see how it’s working on my space. I live in nyc so the apartment isnt big but I project the length of the room so let’s see how it looks. Appreciate your input here very much.

Comment

Scott, I don't know if you are interested, but I have a Bell & Howell model 1592 16mm sound projector that works just fine that I would like to sell. It also uses a bulb that can be purchased on amazon for $10.00. I am asking $75.00 plus shipping.

Comment

Working...
      X