Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Exciter lamp for an Elmo CL ? please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Exciter lamp for an Elmo CL ? please.

Hi I just wondered what is the code/ number or best exciter lamp for an Elmo 16mm CL projector please.

All thinks etc appreciated.

Many Thanks Mark.

PS good places too buy might be handy too.

If I was buying a G27 exciter lamp I would buy from someone in the cine trade, and not just anybody on eBay.
    I have bought many items from my recommended seller below, but I have not bought any G27 lamps from him.

EXCITER LAMP TYPE BRK G27 FOR ELMO 16CL PROJECTOR NEW | eBay

Maurice

Comment

Hi Thank you Maurice, but handily been sorted out with a friend seeing my post and he has a few put by luckily and emailed.

So we will sork something out.

I see the same seller has the G29 as well much cheaper, and they do on the 8mm optical side of things.

Is there a filmament hieght difference on these two types ?

What do we do in a few years, do you think there will be an LED alternative or similar ?

Best wishes Mark.
      Last edited by Mark Todd; February 27, 2021, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Mark

The filaments in the G27 and the G29 are vertical and horizontal respectively. The G27 works on its side (Eiki and Elmo), and the G29 works vertically (B&H and Bauer/Rank Aldis). They both have the same "skirt".

It's always a good idea to visually inspect before fitting. I once bought a Bell & Howell TQII quite cheap because it had low sound. When I got it home I discovered that someone had fitted a G27 instead of the correct G29. I fitted a G29 and was greeted with great sound.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to stock up on both lamps, they do seem to have a long life. I can't see any real alternatives at the present time.

Maurice

Comment

Working...
        X