Problem With eBay Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Maurice,

I don't think I've seen 'Department S' since it's initial run on ITV back in the day. I used to like it back then and you have made me feel that perhaps I should give it another look after all these years (I notice there are one or two on youtube).

I'm curious about the rarity of your print. Is this a thing with ITC productions or just 'Department S', particularly as it was originally produced in colour?

The only other ITC programme that I've ever seen for sale on 16mm before was an episode of 'The Prisoner' but I can't for the life of me remember how much it was listed for.

Love those sixties shows.

Gary

Comment

Gary
      It's an ITC Production, "Black Out" was originally filmed in colour, but my print is black & white.
      This episode can be watched (in colour) by clicking below.

Department S @ S01e08 @ Black Out 1968 - video Dailymotion

Maurice

Comment

They do pop up now and again Gary on super 8 as I have a couple of episodes, other ITC productions are also available, Mark

Comment

I bought the film because I wanted it for my collection. It had an excellent review on the IMDB. It's a 52 minute film and quite a rarity. I am quite satisfied.
          ..."I am quite satisfied"...hmmm...I am pleased for you...but you understand that this comes across as a striking comment given how serious your negative feedback is to an ebayer, who did after all offer a refund...is "I am quite satisfied" fully reflected in the failure to return an item and give a negative to the seller?

Comment

Yes , unfortunately many " problems " are caused by buyers . If A buyer wouldn't give me an opportunity to correct their dislike before leaving negative feedback I would block them and then get on all film forums snd recommend sellers not to sell to them . That's a just deserve .

Comment

Yes sorry but I agree with David and Ozzie, everything that was complained about is now satisfactory and the purchase is now a happy one even though the problem is still there but respliced. You even mention now its expected having lots of splices Maurice, It's a quick decision to leave negative feedback, yes the seller should have mentioned the faults but probably didn't even know what they had or viewed it, the offer to return was there. Name and shame works both ways, I'm sure if the seller read the comments on here then they would be surprised of the now happy outcome, Mark.

Comment

The problem with sligtly, or very iffy, prints being sold is that sellers know its a daft compulsive hobby.

We`ve all kept films that should of gone back, its a strange thing with film.

It would of been much fairer to Maurice to offer a part refund though at first.

And 29 gunky splices is Bonkers.

I think I`d of possibly gone with a neutral and a mention of the poor decription for other buyers.

The difficulty is that now money has really got a grip in the hobby big time.

I recently got a lovely film from a forum member I only know through emails and the forum, I`ve not paid yet.

But he sold me the film for a little less than I offered and it may have also sold for a bit more even.

Thats where its is nice to be in cine re the Hobby.

Ebay has arguably kept the hobby more alive to a degree, but ironically is also taking it away from newer, younger collectors.

Best Mark.
                Last edited by Mark Todd; March 06, 2021, 06:33 AM.

Comment

The seller asked via eBay for a revision of my feedback.
                  I have now removed my Negative entry.

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

I have now removed my Negative entry.
                      That was very reasonable...nice to know the outcome...

Comment

Reading all this reminded me of a transaction that took place in 2007. As a kid I always dragged my mom to the pictures to see the Bowery Boys. I still love them now and longed to own one of their films. Nothing ever appeared until I saw a print of 'The Bowery Boys meet the Monsters'. It was selling for £100 which seemed expensive for a 65 min b/w print. Still rarity value and all that.... Advertised as in 'good condition', I bought it. It arrived on two reels in an old 35mm can. The film was in good condition with not a scratch to be seen. The downside was that reel one had 28 splices and reel two 45. (I checked them this morning to be accurate). I contacted Fosterfilms who offered a £10 refund or return. Return the Bowery Boys? I couldn't. So I checked all the 73 splices and, to my surprise, it actually ran pretty well. Two months later two other titles came up at a lot less cost. I've always felt disappointed. As disappointed as when the print of "Thiefof Baghdad" (another of my favourites) and advertised as LPP with lovely colour, turned out to be three reels of different stock and all purple. Both came from dealers who should have known better. We live and learn!

Comment

Working...
                        X