No announcement yet.

Elmo 16CL Wide Angle Lens Solution: Bolex Lenses w/ 3D Printed Adapter Sleeve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great solution but I have found the Shapeways adapter VERY tight on my Elmo 16-AL. Extremely difficult to install and remove. Did anyone else find that?

Comment

I’ve found that my adapter that I 3D printed is a little tight on the outer diameter now, which makes it hard to focus. It wasn’t that way to begin with. I will probably turn the outside a little smaller on a lathe to fix.

3D printing is pretty amazing stuff, but if you don’t have a way to adjust tolerances on the parts it can be frustrating. Maybe you can find someone who can adjust the model for you enough that it will work? Otherwise, maybe some sandpaper glued to a block of very flat material like MDF board and carefully use it to sand the outer diameter of your adapter until it fits.

Comment

Tolerances are somewhat variable in 3D printing. I've had a few of these printed and the ones that were too tight I just took a little sandpaper to the outside of the adapter until it fit more loosely. The material they use is very easy to reduce the circumference.

Comment

Thanks to both for your responses and advice, I'll give the sandpaper option a try. It's possible to install/deinstall the adapter, it's just very tight, so a small bit of smoothing will probably do the trick. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X