Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ampro premier 20

Hi folks,
    Can I use a 250 volt 1.5 amp quick blow fuse in leui of a 110 volt 1. 5 amp fuse in my Ampro?. I cannot get hold of a 110 volt 32 x 6 mm fuse anywhere.

A fuse has a current rating as well as a voltage rating. A fuse will blow after it’s rated current continues to flow for a certain amount of time regardless of voltage used to create that current. Once the fuse is blown, it has to be able to support the voltage of the supply across without breaking down. (As the 240v fuse is voltage rated higher it will take the 110v easilly).

So, a 220V fuse can be used to replace a 110V fuse as long as the current rating and the amount of time needed to blow the fuse (fast acting versus slow blow type) is the same in both cases.

So basically - Yes you could use a 240v fuse of the same current rating and type safely

Nick Click image for larger version

Name:	Attentive.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	50816

Comment

[QUOTE=Nick Regan:...A 220V fuse can be used to replace a 110V fuse as long as the current rating and the amount of time needed to blow the fuse (fast acting versus slow blow type) is the same in both cases. So basically - Yes you could use a 240v fuse of the same current rating and type safely....QUOTE]

Patrick
      I think that the 1.5 amp from the following would be suitable for your Ampro. Put your requirement in the two boxes.
      Glass Fuse 6x30mm Quick Blow Fuses - 1 Amp - 50 Amp Available - A 6 x 30mm | eBay

Comment

Thanks gentlemen as always, I am mightily glad because I have just received a pack of 100!

Comment

Patrick
          That should keep you going.

Comment

Working...
          X