Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EIKI NT-2 Power supply

Hi

I the power lead for the NT-2 a plug in power lead/adapter or is the power supply hard wired into the machine ?

John

John
    Hardwired. The lead lives coiled up in a small space at the left rear of the projector.
    https://van-eck.net/img/itable/image...6465666299.jpg

Maurice

Comment

Interesting this. I have a RM-1 which has the lead stored in the position you describe, Maurice. My RT-1, though, has the lead in a compartment underneath the control surface. Did this change at a certain point in production of all models or is it model specific?

Comment

Michael

I would assume it's a change with a newer model.
        I have a Buckingham 9.5 model RT and the lower cable tray is empty, in fact, it's all turned around so there is no evidence of the cable tray. A conventional 3-pin inlet plug has been affixed to the left end panel.
        Here are some pics of a similar model:-
        https://picclick.co.uk/ELF-EIKI-BUCK...l#&gid=1&pid=1

Maurice

Comment

Thanks Maurice

Comment

Thank you Maurice. Its very interesting seeing that converted Elf. I remember seeing Buckingham Films advertisements, using a line illustration, of that machine in Movie Maker. I often wondered what it looks like in photographs. One question is how have the upper and lower sprockets been dealt with? The ones in the picture, although difficult to see, look like ordinary 16mm ones. Surely there must be teeth in the centre of those. What sort of modification was made to the sound head?

Comment

Martin

In 2003 the price for the Buckingham was £795, the opt/mag playback version was £975. The sprockets have centre teeth as expected.

The biggest job in the conversion is, of course, the optical sound head. As you know, the sound track on 9.5mm is opposite that of 16mm, so a lot of work had to be done for the conversion, including sliding over the exciter lamp.

Also, as 9.5mm sound tracks were not always printed correctly, there is a screw to move the sound assembly sideways to get the best sound reproduction.

I understand that the original 16mm models which had auto-thread had this removed for the 9.5mm conversion.

Maurice

Comment

Thanks Maurice. So I presume the original Elf sprockets are used but cut in half and a new toothed wheel put in-between them? I have no practical experience of 9.5mm so it was interesting to hear about the soundtrack being on the opposite side. That explains the heavy modification. How does the aperture in the gate work considering the different picture areas for sound and silent film? I presume that Elf (like its 50htz 16mm cousins) only runs at 24fps/ no silent speed?

Comment

Martin
                  Not sure how the sprockets were made. I assume silent speed is by sliding over the drive belt. Never done it as I have a 9.5mm Specto.
                  The Buckingham has a small sliding panel at the gate which shows sound copies as almost square, i.e., blocking off the sound track. The panel is slid over to show a silent film in full frame.
                  Click to see 16mm sound and 9.5mm sound. Scroll down a bit:-
                  http://www.pathefilm.uk/95flmcat/95flmcatpsndn.htm

Maurice

Comment

Working...
                  X