I present the worlds stupidest film question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I present the worlds stupidest film question

Ok, be prepared for this stupid questions, can you fit a Bell and Howell 16mm projector lens into an Elf/Eki lens holder? Why you ask, Elf zoom lenses seem to be both rare and expensive, yet Bell and Howell zoom lens appear plentiful and cheap. Your advise, and mockery, welcome.

Mark
    I can't give a definite answer to your question, but I would point out that each projector has its own way of shifting focus.
    You could get a zoom converter, whilst it does not have the same coverage in its zoom capacity, it does cost less than a zoom lens.
    Here is such an item.
    Objectief / Lens - Eiki / Hokushin Zoom Converter 0,75x - 1.25x - lens made i... | eBay

Comment

The Eiki lenses have a barrel diameter of 42.5mm. I am fairly sure that the B&H lenses have a barrel diameter of slightly more than 50mm. I never had a B&H, so wouldn't know for sure. But it sounds to me that this is a no go.

Comment

I once got a good deal on a B&H 28mm lens and wanted to fit it to my Elmo CL16. The B&H lens comprised the actual lens that was relatively small plus a larger outer lens holder that it screwed into. The outer lens holder then fitted into the B&H projector.

I unscrewed the small lens and took it, together with my 50mm Elmo lens to a local engineering shop and they made me an aluminium adapter that works perfectly.

Comment

But then that B&H 28mm lens was probably originally for a S8 projector? 28mm focal length is an odd one for 16mm, I would think.

Comment

But then that B&H 28mm lens was probably originally for a S8 projector? 28mm focal length is an odd one for 16mm, I would think.
            Not at all. I posted a thread on how I do this also on my Elmo 16CL. As Rob pointed out if you can fabricate an adapter the 28 mm lens for an 8mm projector will work.

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/f...leeve#post3443

​​​​​​​

Comment

Ah, yes, of course. What I try to say was that while a lens with 28mm focal distance is not unusual to be supplied for a S8 projector, they were rarely purposely made for 16mm machines. You are more likely to find a 25mm, 30mm or a 35mm lens for a 16mm machine. But as you showed convincingly in the above thread, if you find the right S8 projector lens with sleeve, that can be an excellent and affordable way to get a short throw lens option for your 16mm machine.

Comment

The original question referred to a zoom lens.

Comment

Van Eck might be able to help?

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
                    The original question referred to a zoom lens.
                    The adapter I use for my Elmo 16CL can work with both prime and zoom lenses.

Comment

Would something like this be possible for the Bell & Howell 2592 if I could use the lens that comes from the Elmo GS 1200 with the 2592 I think that would solve a lot of my projection issues on picture size please someone tell me whether or not it's available and where do I order

Comment

Working...
                      X