Rocky III wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky III wanted

Moderator's note: Chip had originally written Rocky II. The film he is looking for is Rocky III.

Good color - complete feature - magnetic or optical. English sound. Mono or stereo. Thanks.

I am aware that Derann released the the full Feature of ROCKY but I haven't seen Rocky II as ever being released on Super 8 in the Commenwealth or the U.S. Was it foreign release? Airline print?

Comment

It is possible, as I own a super 8 optical sound feature of "Rocky 3" and it was one of those optical sound features that actually made it onto low fade film stock. However, odds are that even if you find one on optical sound super 8, it probably didn't get printed on low fade, unless you find one from Japan on Fuji film stock, as the Fuji from that period, late 70's early 80's had held up well. I have an optical sound feature of Hooper, late 70's, that is just as stunning color as the day it was printed and it is in English, though it does have Japanese subtitles, thankfully, small in size.

Comment

I must correct myself it is not Rocky II.

as Osi points out it is Rocky 3 with Mr T. In a recent box of odd reels I found reel 1 only LPP and English sound.

So if anyone can help me out complete the feature I'd be very grateful

Comment

Chip, sent you a PM on our "optical" series of PM's.

Comment

I got it, Osi...your PM. Thanks.

Comment

Hi I have quite a few optical sound prints not Rocky 3 unfortunately just wondered if anyone has a list of the optical sound prints that were available

Comment

It's really hard to know as to how many features there are of each title or how many exist today. I have a print of " Point Blank ", for instance, and it might be the only print of that existing, but there is no way of actually knowing. I mean, except for a few cases like Derann and otherwise, these prints are not even supposed to exist, as they were supposed to be destroyed, once they finished they're run on the airlines. Now, I don't know what stipulations were in place for the various super 8 optical sound film libraries, that used to exist, world wide.

Comment

Working...
                X