Xanadu super 8 wanted ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xanadu super 8 wanted ...

Now that we're getting close to the holidays, I thought I'd try to find this again, but I am wanting one of those rare L.P.P. copies, not another faded one. Best regards, Osi

Very hard to find Osi. Even the good colour ones have a softish vaseline lens feel.

Comment

Yes, it is a fairly grainey print, to be sure. I have an official Universal 8 print, not the Red Fox reprints, ( on L.P.P.), and while the color is OK, it's not too good in the blacks. I have wanted to rerecord this in stereo, but I would rather wait until I have an official L.P.P. print. The one I currently have was kind of a lie. The seller said that it was low fade. Well, the leader is in fact low fade, but it's not the original leader to the print. The actual print is Kodak SP. The person I bought it from is a trusted friend, and he was told that it is a low fade print from a well known super 8 seller in the U.K., but there is no way to know as to whether the seller knowingly sold my friend a non low fade print, or even that the professional film seller knew. Just because the person is a professional film seller, they don't necessarily check the whole prints and may only venture asfar as the leader for an assessment. All I know is that I paid top dollar for my Xanadu, and received a fading print.

Comment

I actually traded my low fade copy to a UK dealer as I got a good price/ trade. I had it before in a faded version but after watching once thought I could live without it. Sorry Olivia.

Comment

I don't have any Universal prints on LPP but do have one on Agfa (none of which are Xanadu).

Comment

Brian, just curious, which digest is it?

Comment

The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Comment

Rarity, most certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post
                  The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
                  I don't think this is from U8. Rocky Horror was released and packed in clamshell which I never known U8 used it. I think it was distributed by Ken Films (or MGM?).

Just for the side note, it was discussed before in the old forum that the Xanadu on LPP was not released by U8. It was the negative reprinted by another lab in 1982-83. This is the reason why there are some copies on LPP.

Comment

Piccolo released them.

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...=003013#000000

Comment

I bought my copy second hand (BFCC bring & buy) and it was in a Universal 8 case, but without label.

Comment

It's too bad the old links don't work anymore. I'd like to see the Picolo release! I wonder if the cut was different? I have always loved the "Whenever You're Away From Me" number with Gene Kelly's last dance number on film, and a beautiful number at that, substituting a little of the nonsense in the U-8 edition.

Comment

"Whenever You're Away From Me" is not in the Piccolo cut, sorry to say that. The Piccolo cut has more music than the U8 cut - so that there is at the end no story you could follow - but this song is not in the digest.

Comment

Damn! Wishful thinking on my part. As a way to perhaps put a finish on this series of posts, (unless someone can provide an active link to an auction), there is an optical sound super 8 feature out there. I think it's a Japanese optical title, so it might we'll have Japanese subtitles as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X