Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need original Fuji ESC 24V-200W Lamp or other solution for Elmo GS1200

My Elmo GS1200 MKIII is like new again.
    Now I'm looking for lamps, cause I only have 2 original Fuji 24V 200W ESC lamps left.
    Is there a shop where I still can buy the original Fuji ESC 24V 200W lamps?
    Or is it really all gone?
    I did ask this question earlier, but I was not aware I was in the forumsection..
    We also spoke about this a few years ago in the old 8mm Forum, but since those topics are hard to reach using Google Ssearch, it's not so bad to start a new one.

I have my GS1200 MKIII redone by Patrick of Steemer Consultancy BV.
    That amazing guy is really smart.
    Het cleaned everything in that machine, also all the boards amnd pots, so now I dare to thouch a button or pot without any crackling noise.
    Patrick exchanged both relais and other bad cheap choices Elmo made back than and replaced it for modern electronics.
    Even the recording-function is like new.
    I'm so happy.

But than I thought of having only 2 original Fuji ESC lamps left, that I bought at The Reel Magic a few years back.
    Back than I tested a lot of lamps and meassured the Kelvin and Ansi Lumen.
    The oroginal Fuji ESC lamps were the brightest, while not evenly bright compared to eachother.
    I did a topic of that a few years ago, on the old 8mm Foum.

So now, I can replace it with the Philips Cold Mirror 24V200W EJL GX5.3 lamp - Type 13164 (50 hours)
    (I'm not sure I have checked this lamp ones back than)

Or I have to add an extern 500W Travo for a 24V-250 Watt HLX (Xenophot) lamp
    - The travo needs to be of the kind that not add bad humming sound to the projector.
    - The lamp needs to be replaced nackwards 10mm, which was bespoken in the older 8mm Forum a few years ago.

Do you know where I can buy the Fuji ESC 24V-200W lamps?
    Do you have any experience with newer lamps?
    Have you tried something new?
    Please share with us?

ESC lamp are optimised for the Super-8 frame. EJL can be used, I guess, but you won't get as bright an image.

You can still buy ESC online, for example here...
    https://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lampesc.html
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/294183887836

Comment

Oh no, those Donar lamps are bad.
      I remember I tried those and they were very dim.
      i have one here in a box.

Comment

[QUOTE=Matthieu van der Sluis;n101437]
        I have my GS1200 MKIII redone by Patrick of Steemer Consultancy BV.
        That amazing guy is really smart.
        Het cleaned everything in that machine, also all the boards amnd pots, so now I dare to thouch a button or pot without any crackling noise.
        Patrick exchanged both relais and other bad cheap choices Elmo made back than and replaced it for modern electronics.
        Even the recording-function is like new.
        I'm so happy./QUOTE]

Interesting. I don't know this company. In which country are they based? I sent my GS1200 to Getmany (to FFR) to have the three blades shutter by a two/three one and the lighting system replaced to take 250 watt bulbs.

Comment

It's in the Netherlands where I live.
          Do they add a travo for that, cause Patrick explicit told me not to switch the lamp for a 250w on the same power supply. Everything listens carefully in this projector.

Comment

They do a change. You can see their explanation here : http://www.ffr-film.de/elmo?lang=fr

Comment

I see that.
              When I contacted them a few years ago, I was told it was not neccesary.
              Can you meassure the Voltage and Ampere on the lampcontact, before you send it away and after you receive it back?
              I'm very currious how well it is done.

They also do HTI conversion as well.
              The plus on that is that the projector get REALLY bright for 24fps as well as 18fps.
              Only 6900 Kelvin might be too bluish for a lot of my films.

Comment

If you are happy afterwards, I probably bring my GS1200 too.

Comment

Matthieu, Halogen lamps in order of increased brightness in the GS1200:
                  200W EJL, 200W ESC, 250W ELC with external power supply.
                  I have taken the road of a 250w ELC lamp coupled to a DIY external 24VDC power supply. It is noticeably brighter than the ESC and way brighter than the dim EJL, and I am getting more than 50 hrs of life on the lamps. I have converted both my GS1200'S to ELC lamps, also moving the lamp back by 10mm away from the gate. I am very happy with the results. If you want anything brighter you will have to do a HID or HTI conversion, which for home use is probably overkill, plus as you mentioned the higher 6900 Kelvin is not matched to the 3500K film prints, which may degrade the beautiful rich color palette of some prints.
                  Do not take the risk of burning out the GS1200 transformer by just installing a 250W ELC lamp. If Elmo thought that the projector was capable of useage of a 250W lamp believe me they would have used it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	POWER SUPPLY UPDATE 2 MARCH 2023.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	101532

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu van der Sluis View Post
                    Can you meassure the Voltage and Ampere on the lampcontact, before you send it away and after you receive it back?
                    No, I didn't measure before the conversion (I don't even know how to meassure the ampere), I cannot compare (they did the lamp conversion and the replacement of the original blade shutter at the same time, so to compare before and after on just the lamp is not easy).

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Adsett View Post
                      Matthieu, Halogen lamps in order of increased brightness in the GS1200:
                      200W EJL, 200W ESC, 250W ELC with external power supply.
                      I have taken the road of a 250w ELC lamp coupled to a DIY external 24VDC power supply. It is noticeably brighter than the ESC and way brighter than the dim EJL, and I am getting more than 50 hrs of life on the lamps. I have converted both my GS1200'S to ELC lamps, also moving the lamp back by 10mm away from the gate. I am very happy with the results. If you want anything brighter you will have to do a HID or HTI conversion, which for home use is probably overkill, plus as you mentioned the higher 6900 Kelvin is not matched to the 3500K film prints, which may degrade the beautiful rich color palette of some prints.
                      Do not take the risk of burning out the GS1200 transformer by just installing a 250W ELC lamp. If Elmo thought that the projector was capable of useage of a 250W lamp believe me they would have used it.

Click image for larger version Name:	POWER SUPPLY UPDATE 2 MARCH 2023.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	101532
                      That powersupply looks awsome.
                      How big is it?
                      it looks like the size of a slide projector, or am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominique De Bast View Post

No, I didn't measure before the conversion (I don't even know how to meassure the ampere), I cannot compare (they did the lamp conversion and the replacement of the original blade shutter at the same time, so to compare before and after on just the lamp is not easy).
                        You have it done already?
                        Is it what you hoped for?

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu van der Sluis View Post

You have it done already?
                          Is it what you hoped for?
                          Yes, I has been done. And, yes, I'm happy with their work.

Comment

That powersupply looks awsome.
                            How big is it?
                            it looks like the size of a slide projector, or am I wrong?
                            The dimensions of the DIY power supply are 9,25 ins wide x 4,25 ins high x 11,5 ins deep. The total height just over the fan is 6.5 ins. I have not weighed it but I would estimate about 6 lbs. The handles make it very easy to move around.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominique De Bast View Post

Yes, I has been done. And, yes, I'm happy with their work.
                              Is it easy to change it from the 2 blade setting to the 3 blade setting, or still a workout?
                              Does it add some flicker and do you need a finetuning after switching the 2 - 3 blade setting?

I'm now thinking about it too, but just the 2-blade version and the 250 HLX of course.
                              I need a reason to still use my ST1200HD as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X