• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Little Whirlwind" Super 8 projection sample

For your enjoyment!

Ruben
    Ultra 8

... and a few Super 8 photos taken during projection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TLW_1.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	101465 Click image for larger version

Name:	TLW_2.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	101464 Click image for larger version

Name:	TLW_3.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	101466 Click image for larger version

Name:	TLW_4.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	101462 Click image for larger version

Name:	TLW_5.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	101461 Click image for larger version

Name:	TLW_6.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	101463

Comment

Looks stunning Ruben 😎

Comment

Excellent !! I am curious. There are many Mickey Mouse cartoons - why choose THE LITTLE WHIRLWIND ? I personally have never heard of it before. There are so many . . . Personal favorite of yours?

Comment

It did feature on super 8 in extract form on Mickeys Memorable Moments Vol 2 . I’m not sure if Derann issued it. One of the last pre war Mickeys 1941 and the 1st to feature the updated design of him. Parts of large whirlwind animation come from The Band Concert. It would be one of the best ones coming from the era of Snow White to Dumbo animation

It was included in the recent 100 years of Mickey Mouse Blu Ray. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3353.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	101471 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3354.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	101472

Comment

Looks great Ruben!

Comment

I hope my print is free from the lab defect my alien 200ft I received from durun films.

Comment

You can be sure, Phillip. All prints have been checked. No surprises here.

Best

Ruben
                Ultra 8

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Hamilton View Post
                  Excellent !! I am curious. There are many Mickey Mouse cartoons - why choose THE LITTLE WHIRLWIND ? I personally have never heard of it before. There are so many . . . Personal favorite of yours?
                  Why not? It is a wonderful cartoon never released before on Super 8 and, very important, we got a flawless source to work with (more details about it on our web page) 😉

Best

Ruben
                  Ultra 8

Comment

Very impressive print quality, well done .
                    John

Comment

Looks great! I’m looking forward to receiving my print!

Comment

Nice to see someone younger and fitter putting in the love. I wish you well.

Comment

Just watched my copy. Great quality. Although, there is few dialogues, it's fantastic to have them in French. As far as I know, there has not been super 8 releases in French for a long time. Thanks for that! To be complete (and that 's not a problem for me), the countdown before the cartoon is reversed (up/down), I don't know if it's just on my copy or if it's general. I cannot wait to get hhe future releases.

Comment

Countdowns in 35mm films are upside down when projected, so the projectionist could read the numbers the right way up when threading the film (in the projector, the film is upside down and the lens turns it the right way on the screen).

So this is correct, as I assume that a 35mm print was the source for the Super-8 films.

Comment

So glad to hear you like it! We want all our titles to look the best and take special care finding the best master materials.
                              Best Regards!

Rubén

Originally posted by Dominique De Bast View Post
                              Just watched my copy. Great quality. Although, there is few dialogues, it's fantastic to have them in French. As far as I know, there has not been super 8 releases in French for a long time. Thanks for that! To be complete (and that 's not a problem for me), the countdown before the cartoon is reversed (up/down), I don't know if it's just on my copy or if it's general. I cannot wait to get hhe future releases.

Comment

Working...
                              X