Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renzo's Sync Box

Hi all,

I recently ordered one of the Renzo pulse sync boxes for my GS1200.

Having never re-recorded anything before I was a total beginner.

Renzo's box IS INCREDIBLE! It works perfectly, locks at the correct speed and I have now re-recorded two features - one that was out of sync and the other really poor sound.

He made it for me in about a week, shipped from Italy to the UK and gave me step by step instructions on how to do it.

I couldn't recommend his amazing product more highly and now I'm addicted to re-recording films!

If anyone is thinking of trying it, DO IT - contact Renzo on renzo.dalbo@gmail.com and say Andy sent you. You won't be disappointed.

All the best

Andy

Andy,

I agree. Renzo's sync box is incredible. I'm very glad I have one.

Doug

Comment

I also agree with Doug and Andy! I am going through my collection Feature by Feature and where possible ( depending on stripe quality ) re-recording
      in Dolby Digital with outstanding results! There are several methods of achieving a perfect DVD/Print sync but even if you only have Your GS-1200, DVD/Blu ray player and Renzo Box, you can produce amazing recordings! It adds so much more to your Screenings! I highly recommend The Renzo Box!

Comment

...I neglected to mention the frame rate selection feature: my From Russia With Love
        Trailer from ebay came with a German track.
        I found the Classic trailer on You tube in the original English but it wasn't in sync at 23.97 or 24. It dawned on me that this You tube upload may have come from the UK. I ran it through again and voila! Perfect sync! I patched the audio from my laptop headphone jack into the GS-1200 aux in and the trailer is in perfect sync
        in English, though the titles are in Deutsch. I Could not have done this without The Renzo Box. I used the same method to Re-sync Rambo First Blood trailer, original copy was recorded out of sync. Same process though that was achieved at 23.97 fps. I find that if the Super 8
        print has no missing scenes or frames the Renzo Box will keep pace perfectly.
        How to deal with missing frames etc. Is another topic. But easy once you've practiced.

​​​​

​​

Comment

I read from the previous version of the forum people suggesting there should be an archive somewhere of digest films that people have edited the audio to match - does anyone know if that ever happened (or has anyone built up a folder of digest/cutdown edited audio ready for re-recording they'd be willing to share with the community?)

Comment

HI ANDY... Steve here from CT. I will email Andy and tell him you sent me.... I have been trying to get my Print of Ben Hur (no frames missing) to sync up to the new Blue Ray Dvd because I herd the new tracks are fantastic! Can "Renzos" sync box help me? I have a Elmo GS1200 and a Blu-Ray dvd player and a pretty good 5.1 sound processor to work with. What else would I
            need to make this work ?

Comment

Steven,

If you have a version 2 or 3 GS-1200, the Renzo box is exactly what you need.

Doug

Comment

How much is Renzo's box?

Comment

Thank you all for your interest and enthusiastic words for my sync box.
                  To be more precise, Doug, my sync box works according to the type of ESS board present in the GS-1200 projector.
                  There are two types of ESS board: one signed simply "ESS", mounted in the very early GS1200 series, and the second signed "ESS-24". The first has an error in a circuit track that Elmo has subsequently modified by correcting this error. The good news is that it can also work, but only if the incorrect circuit track has been previously modified by an expert technician. This is not a difficult, but necessary, job.
                  The board type control is very simple, you just have to remove the two screws of the back cover and, opening it slightly, look at the writing in the upper right corner of the rear vertical board.
                  (Look at the attached photo).

Click image for larger version  Name:	ESS board.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	12577

I can still build, on request of any member, the sync box. It usually takes me 2/3 weeks to provide it. Currently it costs 120 Euro + shipping cost.
                  I can also provide an useful accessory that can be directly plugged to the sync box and transforms it in a high precision stroboscopic light for testing and tuning the speed of any other projector with variable speed. The cost of this accessory is 30 Euro.

If you need more information about the sync box and its use, you can scroll down my Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/renzo.d.bo

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sync box new enclosure both versions.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.0 KB ID:	12578
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Sync box & strobe photo 03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.6 KB ID:	12579

Comment

Wow....I just got down on my knees and asked the good Lord to please, let my Elmo GS1200 have the "ESS-24" board present and YES!!!! Putting my order in for "Rinzo's sync box. I want to thank everyone here for your help. Special thanks to Andy Wood for getting me "started" or "addicted" and to Douglas Meltzer to check my version of Elmo GS1200!

Comment

I just received my Renzo sync box, I am another happy customer. Renzo is a pleasure to deal with, first class. Now I must check my ESS board, I am nervous.

I just confirmed I have the ESS-24 board, I am good to go. Thank you Renzo for pointing this out.
                      Last edited by Alan Gouger; August 05, 2020, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Singarella View Post
                        Wow....I just got down on my knees and asked the good Lord to please, let my Elmo GS1200 have the "ESS-24" board present and YES!!!! Putting my order in for "Rinzo's sync box. I want to thank everyone here for your help. Special thanks to Andy Wood for getting me "started" or "addicted" and to Douglas Meltzer to check my version of Elmo GS1200!
                        Steven - please update us on the Renzo box and how you use it etc.? Was it easy to setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Gouger View Post
                          I just received my Renzo sync box, I am another happy customer. Renzo is a pleasure to deal with, first class. Now I must check my ESS board, I am nervous.

I just confirmed I have the ESS-24 board, I am good to go. Thank you Renzo for pointing this out.
                          Alan - please update us on the Renzo box and how you use it etc.? Was it easy to setup?

Comment

Great unit, It can be possible to built one to be used it with a goko rm 8008 ?

Comment

I have this Renzo Box too and I´m very satisfied with it. Now I´m able to sync with Bluray Discs with 32,976 F/s.
                              I have modiefied my Goko RM 8008 and I have rebuild the GS 1200 Sync electronic in a seperate Box which can control the Goko now.
                              So I´m able to use the Renzo Box on my Goko too.

Comment

Working...
                              X