Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Knappstein
    replied
    You must make a komplete new Sound Master which has all missing frames cut out. This Master Perfo Tape was recordet now on the Film and will stay in sync. You also can do this with a Computer.

Leave a comment:

• Winbert Hutahaean
    replied
    I am just curious to know what will happen in there is 4-8 missing frames due to bad splice, etc? will the sound can catch up to synch?

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Knappstein
    replied
    Hi Paul!
    First you need a GS 1200 with the ESS electronic inside. I have rebuild this electrinic Part of the GS in a seperate Box. This need many many time to work.
    I f you have a GS 1200 you can conect some wires from the Main Board to the Goko and it should be working too. You need wires from the main Motor Conector on the Main Board ( 4 Pins. + - and the Generator Coil) Than you need a Wire from the Reed Swich Conector on the main Board of the GS 1200.

In the Goko Rm 8008 you need two Discs with Opto Couplers to reed the Holes in them. The Motor Shaft must be makeing longer to the Back of the Chassis and you need a Shaft on the Prisma with a Disc with 18 Slots only 1mm whide. The Disc on the Motor need 32 Holes in it. The Opto Couplers are CNY 36. Than you need a Power supply for this CNY36. The one on the Prisma Disc must be connect with the Reed Swich conector in the GS 1200 and the other one with the two Pins of the Generator Coil Conector in the GS 1200 The + & - of the Goko Motor must be wired on the +/- on the GS 1200 main Board. I have put a swich in there to change the Elmo elctronic with the original Goko electronic to use the Viewer in it´s original wise.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Browning
    replied
    I would like to know more about that modification you have done on the goko 8008, that would make good kit /add on, looks like a feedback circuit using two wheels, one on the prism, and one on the motor drive, with some circuitry between to match the two up ?

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Thomas,

That's brilliant! I did a test years ago and found that recordings made using the Goko 8008 sounded better than the ones I had done on the GS.

Philip,

Here's a thread about using the Renzo box with a GS-1200 and a DVD player.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Knappstein
    replied
    I have this Renzo Box too and I´m very satisfied with it. Now I´m able to sync with Bluray Discs with 32,976 F/s.
    I have modiefied my Goko RM 8008 and I have rebuild the GS 1200 Sync electronic in a seperate Box which can control the Goko now.
    So I´m able to use the Renzo Box on my Goko too.

Leave a comment:

• Jose Artiles
    replied
    Great unit, It can be possible to built one to be used it with a goko rm 8008 ?

Leave a comment:

• Philip Hamilton
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan Gouger View Post
    I just received my Renzo sync box, I am another happy customer. Renzo is a pleasure to deal with, first class. Now I must check my ESS board, I am nervous.

I just confirmed I have the ESS-24 board, I am good to go. Thank you Renzo for pointing this out.
    Alan - please update us on the Renzo box and how you use it etc.? Was it easy to setup?

Leave a comment:

• Philip Hamilton
    replied
    Originally posted by Steven Singarella View Post
    Wow....I just got down on my knees and asked the good Lord to please, let my Elmo GS1200 have the "ESS-24" board present and YES!!!! Putting my order in for "Rinzo's sync box. I want to thank everyone here for your help. Special thanks to Andy Wood for getting me "started" or "addicted" and to Douglas Meltzer to check my version of Elmo GS1200!
    Steven - please update us on the Renzo box and how you use it etc.? Was it easy to setup?

Leave a comment:

• Alan Gouger
    replied
    I just received my Renzo sync box, I am another happy customer. Renzo is a pleasure to deal with, first class. Now I must check my ESS board, I am nervous.

I just confirmed I have the ESS-24 board, I am good to go. Thank you Renzo for pointing this out.
    Last edited by Alan Gouger; August 05, 2020, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Steven Singarella
    replied
    Wow....I just got down on my knees and asked the good Lord to please, let my Elmo GS1200 have the "ESS-24" board present and YES!!!! Putting my order in for "Rinzo's sync box. I want to thank everyone here for your help. Special thanks to Andy Wood for getting me "started" or "addicted" and to Douglas Meltzer to check my version of Elmo GS1200!

Leave a comment:

• Renzo Dal Bo
    replied
    Thank you all for your interest and enthusiastic words for my sync box.
    To be more precise, Doug, my sync box works according to the type of ESS board present in the GS-1200 projector.
    There are two types of ESS board: one signed simply "ESS", mounted in the very early GS1200 series, and the second signed "ESS-24". The first has an error in a circuit track that Elmo has subsequently modified by correcting this error. The good news is that it can also work, but only if the incorrect circuit track has been previously modified by an expert technician. This is not a difficult, but necessary, job.
    The board type control is very simple, you just have to remove the two screws of the back cover and, opening it slightly, look at the writing in the upper right corner of the rear vertical board.
    (Look at the attached photo).

Click image for larger version  Name:	ESS board.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	12577

I can still build, on request of any member, the sync box. It usually takes me 2/3 weeks to provide it. Currently it costs 120 Euro + shipping cost.
    I can also provide an useful accessory that can be directly plugged to the sync box and transforms it in a high precision stroboscopic light for testing and tuning the speed of any other projector with variable speed. The cost of this accessory is 30 Euro.

If you need more information about the sync box and its use, you can scroll down my Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/renzo.d.bo

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sync box new enclosure both versions.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.0 KB ID:	12578
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Sync box & strobe photo 03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.6 KB ID:	12579

Leave a comment:

• Graham Sinden
    replied
    How much is Renzo's box?

Leave a comment:

• Douglas Meltzer
    replied
    Steven,

If you have a version 2 or 3 GS-1200, the Renzo box is exactly what you need.

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Steven Singarella
    replied
    HI ANDY... Steve here from CT. I will email Andy and tell him you sent me.... I have been trying to get my Print of Ben Hur (no frames missing) to sync up to the new Blue Ray Dvd because I herd the new tracks are fantastic! Can "Renzos" sync box help me? I have a Elmo GS1200 and a Blu-Ray dvd player and a pretty good 5.1 sound processor to work with. What else would I
    need to make this work ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X