Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fog availability?

Greetings all!

i was just curious about how hard or rare a full length feature of John Carpenters THE FOG is to come by these days?

It’s one of the few Carpenter films I’ve yet to see on the market.

I hope you all have a great evening!

I don't know about now, but when released the full feature was available quite a long time before the 600ft cut down. Derek said they had trouble getting a 35mm print to edit for it, the full feature coming from an existing negative.

Maybe owners just keep their copies.

Comment

Over the years I've come across a good number of 8mm collectors who just collect and don't even project the films. A memorable one was a young man who collected sci-fi only and all his films were never un boxed. It happens.

Comment

I have the derann feature of this, and its 3 x 600ft, I don't know if its edited, because the movie seems longer than this when you watch it on tv, perhaps its the unreasonable amount of commercials breaks that seem punctuate films these days......

Comment

The Blu Ray has a running time of 90 minutes, as that is 24fps it will be the same time as film so 3 x 600ft spools would hold it uncut.

Comment

Lincoln, VERY rare and VERY hard to find...

Comment

... and very lucky to have it. In my opinion, the colors are far more brilliant on the super 8 scope feature, than what i have at least seen on DVD. The colors are more accurate, but then, on most DVD's or blurays these days, they "enhance" the original color most times. Empire strikes back being a good example of that.

Comment

Maybe one day I can get lucky and find a copy!

it is def on my wish list of films. Thank you all for the input!!

Comment

The feature does come up from time to time, it was a derann full feature release, my own print with screenshots reviewed here

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bi...c;f=4;t=000660

Comment

The 600ft cut down seems to have little or nothing from the middle 600ft of the feature. that was luck for me as I manged to get an odd reel of part 2 which I have spliced into my copy.

Comment

Brian - I have an odd reel of Part 2 and, to be quite honest, there is not really a lot going on in it as far as thrills and spills are concerned. Although I have not seen the 600' cut down, I can sort of see why it has "little or nothing" from it.

It is also a bit of a relief to know that I am only searching for 2 further reels as I assumed it might have been 3 extra (making it a 4x 600')

Comment

CHC have the full feature for sale at the mo if it hasnt already sold

Comment

I emailed them a few days ago and it had sold the first day of its updated listing! Oh well, part of the fun is the hunt for what you’re wanting.

Comment

My full feature of THE FOG is 3x600“ but reel 2 is filled to the edge. The film is complete. I re-recorded it years ago and nothing is missing. Sharpness and colour are outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                            X