Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'FILM' A celebration of Super 8 and cinema filmed on S8 negative due for S8 release.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too am interested...

Comment

Thank you everybody and I'm delighted to report that Reel Image will be the sole distributor for this short having now received confirmation from SO.

Will keep you updated when its available and how to order. Exciting times!

Comment

Great ! I hope I'm register at The Reel Image. I sent my subscription by post a while ago and have not received any confirmation, yet (but post can be sometimes very slow).

Comment

You'll get it ok Dom. I know he's quite a lot on at the moment and the new S8 releases.
          Good to see interest in new S8 films is high this thread has had nearly 500 views wow

Comment

I am on-board as well. Thank you Lee.

Comment

Looks like I have chosen an exciting time to come back to the hobby! Looking forward to this Lee!

Comment

This is great news! Can't wait to see it!

Comment

Any further updates on this much-awaited release, which I would love a print of in my collection. It really will be an excellent piece of history!

Comment

I'd also be interested in obtaining a print of this.

Comment

Count me in...Shorty

Comment

Me too!

Comment

AH 😏 After the effort it wont be happening at the moment regretfully. I did send a DVD to dear SO which he liked, but el lab seemed to have a issue with length making it uneconomical.

If I were making the neg to 16 I would have looped 4 runs to make an acceptable 200ft reel then split the 4 films apart as they did in days of old for short subjects. This then would have made up a worth while negative to print from.
                          A change of heart may come around perhaps..I hope.

The film negative itself came out well and with the music track made a good opener for any show at 50ft.

Comment

Comment

One of those things. For 8 its very much a labor of love and that includes these wonderful new releases that just keep coming. Things may change but in reality the negative, processing etc for a 50ftr were high so doubt I will make another.
                              Only reel upside is I can at least pop it into a Blu-Ray compilation of my documentaries so it wont be lost entirely.

The Kodak Negative film certainly is sharp and detailed for sure.

Comment

Over 1000 views here I think it may have just sold on beloved Super 8.

Comment

Working...
                                X