Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'FILM' A celebration of Super 8 and cinema filmed on S8 negative due for S8 release.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lee - commiserations, as this must be very frustrating after all the work you put into it. I don't know if from the lab's point of view there were any technical differences between printing your short and a trailer, but no doubt there have been trailer releases of similar length, so it's also bad news if the Reel Image will not be able to release any more individual trailers.

Comment

I dont think they grasped what uk labs knew of old. It was more economical to loop 50ft shorts to 200ft to make printing more economical for the end user, distributor. Ok the lab calls the tune these days but after trying to comunicate direct with them and no answer I dont think the reely want the shorts. A shame, Derek would have pulled all the knobs to make it so to promote film.
      I'm not blowing my own bugle but we are becoming devoid of film makers promoting film now and I'm not 20 anymore as when I started Cinema in Miniature, and that was a labour of love.

Comment

Working...
      X