Introduction and Asking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter
    As you say, the two cameras are very similar. Obviously the twin turret camera is more useful, but may cost more than the C8. Both cameras accept screw-in lenses so the C8 could be used with accessory lenses. The viewfinder masking moving to accept them.

Maurice

Comment

Thought I would bring you all up to date with my adventures in 8mm.

Since I last posted, I decided to shoot another roll of film but this time with a different cine camera, I acquired a Bolex C8 off eBay at a very reasonable price and shot the same type of B&W film I used before (100 ASA). For every scene I filmed I double checked the exposure using two light meters ... and as a test I over exposed a few scenes by 1 stop.

The film came back from the processing shop yesterday. I'm very happy to report that the film contained images!!! All the scenes appear to have very good exposure and projected really well using my Eumig P8 projector. Phew, I'm one happy bunny!!!!

I'm not sure what happened with the Bell & Howell that I used before ... perhaps it was a combination of bright sunshine and moving the lens stop past the f16 setting (which closed the lens off completely). That's all in the past ... at least I know that the Bolex C8 appears to be working ok.

Have seen some filters including a ND4 neutral density filter that I might purchase. If I understand things correctly, if I use the ND4 filter I would change the ISO setting on the light meter from 100 ASA (speed rating of the B&W film I'm using) to 25 ASA.

I'll try to capture some digital images of the film to share here.

Cheers

Pete

Comment

Pete
        Yes.
        The ND4 reduces light entry by two stops. This, as you say, equates to two reductions in the ASA setting.
        Therefore, with an ASA 100 film and the ND4 filter, the light meter needs to be set at 25 ASA.

Maurice

Comment

Working...
        X