No announcement yet.

Eumug S-701 best design???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And something else I forgot to mention is the removal of the vacuum tube amp. Originally I thought it might be a nightmare to service but I could not have been more wrong. The removal of the entire amp is quite simple. You remove the volume control knob, unplug the two sound head connectors, remove the back cover and finish by removing two screws at the top of the amplifier frame followed be a third at the bottom. The amp simply slides out in one single piece with no hanging wires anywhere and even the power transformer remains in place. This can be done because of the ingenious brass spring connectors from the tube amp to the power transformer. Then you can clean all the contacts or change out parts as desired!

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Banfield View Post
      In case anyone is interested the Eumig S-701 also has the honor of being the very first Super 8 sound projector made by Eumig. It was available from 1966-1969 and 27,000 of them were built.
      Hi joseph I found some other numbers: The first Mark S-701 was made in 1966 and the last one in 1970, they only made 5285 of them. the first sound projector made by eumig was the Mark S in 1964 for regular 8. the first super 8 sound projector was the Mark S Super 8 in 1966. the 701 is almost identical to the mark S super 8 so i think they just renumbered the machine

what is weird to me, what you say is correct according to the eumig museum website but the serial number list i use for reference also comes from them and it states other numbers.

Comment

The 1964 mk s standard 8 was also special in that it cost less than £100,at a time when other machines were twice this. Mind you,£100 in 1964 was a fortune.The kodak sound 8 was £200.I know because its the first projector I wanted,. Not much chance,since I was still at school!

Comment

Working...
        X