No announcement yet.

Standard 8 sound features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is only one standard 8 sound feature in my collection and this is PSYCHO. It’s one of the really classics and for a long time I didn’t realize how rare it is in this format.
    I don’t know if some prints of this title are of better quality, but the image of my print isn’t that great. Not comparable with my Super 8 version. The soundstripe is perfect.

Comment

Oliver,

I think it was a case with the dealer who sold this that they had to knock out as many STD.8 prints as quickly as possible before a certain negative had to be returned, so as long as the prints were passable to the average collector that's the way it went!

Comment

Barry has neglected to say that he has for sale the following in standard 8 sound :-

The Senator Was Indiscreet 3x600'
        Babes In Toyland 4x400'
        The Glass Mountain 4x400'
        Corregidor 2x600'
        The Flying Deuces 3x400'

http://www.bfcc.biz/independent8mm.html

Maurice

Comment

I have many classic features on Standard 8's which I continue to enjoy. Many of DW Griffiths features, Chaplin features, Caligari, Nosferatu, Metropolis, Lost World and my favorite is Greed directed by Von Stroheim, perhaps the greatest silent film of all time...
          Click image for larger version  Name:	greeddesert2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.1 KB ID:	16124 Click image for larger version  Name:	Greed,_1924,_trina.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.1 KB ID:	16121 ...besides many others.

Comment

John all those Derann STD 8 features are classics to the format. Pshyco was a great example and you could get the feature, trailer, long trailer and also the original Derann for future presentation reel a great combo I would never part with.
            Ghost of Frank is a great one to look out for folks as is Invisible Man excellent film and quality.
            The only STD 8 I've found recently is a 600ft reel of trailers which we look forward to watching at some point.

Re quality of printing. Worth remembering that some of those silents are better on STD 8 than super 8 as the originals were oft blown up to S8 with Nosferatu being a prime example, at least in the UK.

Comment

look at the pictures The Invisible Man

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-INVIS...p2047675.l2557

Comment

Working...
              X