No announcement yet.

Remembering Derek Simmonds Day 2020 and Derann 19th Sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched a newly-acquired print of WHO DARES WINS last night - couldn't screen it on Saturday night. Superb print and sound, my copy is on 4 x 600ft spools but think someone may have had it on 3 x 800ft spools as there are splices in a couple of places where they might be.

Anyway, lovely print and other than the cut down, a film new to me. The critics don't seem to have liked it too much, but I enjoyed it tremendously.

Comment

A good title it is, like it you must.

Mines on 2 X 1200ft spools and been here lots of years. Always found Widmark a curious actor and known to have been awkward but an ideal one to run with Coma. Seem to remember it was requested for screening at the Whitehouse in 82 as well, but anyone looking for a print may struggle as I seem to remember the run was limited reason unknown.

Comment

I mentioned my video of the legendary Christmas Open Day so here are a few frame grabs from it. What times..

Derek chatting to everyone
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image_4270.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	17233

Click image for larger version  Name:	LM-Der.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.5 KB ID:	17234

Features from £159

Click image for larger version  Name:	LM-Der3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.3 KB ID:	17235

And Derek in the cinema projection box operating the Elmo Xenon in the top shelf.

Comment

Just got it the post yesterday June is Bust Out All Over Scope just watch it now

Comment

Last thing he sent me was,GREEN FOR DANGER. A great old thriller!

Comment

Made our annual trip to Birmingham to put some new flowers of Derek Simmonds memorial once again. Weather was a little changeable but it did brighten up for us eventually. All the memories always come flooding back of those wonderful new releases and the open days. As we left the cemetery a massive rainbow appeared in the sky which was quite wonderful.

We did stay overnight nearby and the following day I started feeling unwell which progressed over the next day after which it became Norovirus. Reasonably back to normal now and thankfully it skipped my wife.
              Take care all.

Comment

Lee

Nicely done. Glad you're feeling better.

Comment

Working...
                X