Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used this company and what are their features like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Oliver, I spoke to Steve a few weeks ago about it and the price of the print is really reasonable. It came to about £855 in UK sterling, so I'm definitely getting it. I haven't bought it yet because Steve said that Covid is pushing the postage prices up sky high at the moment, so I'm waiting until they go down again - both that, and the import taxes to the UK which will probably also be high!! I did ask for the specific price, but he hasn't replied yet.

Comment

Paul not trying to put you off mate but if your in the U.k dont forget that you will have import tax to pay .

Comment

Sorry just read your post again,as a rough calculation import tax works out at around 25%of the total price you paid which includes the shipping cost

Comment

Douglas and David,

Is this the correct website for The Reel Image, https://thereelimage.jimdofree.com/ that you purchased your films from?

I don't see a listing or a way to purchase films from this site. Am I on the wrong website?

Thank you for helping this newbie. I inherited some 8mm films from my grandparents and discovered a new interest that I really enjoy!

Comment

Brittany,

Welcome to the Forum! I'm thrilled you've taken an interest in film.

Yes, that is the correct website. It's a bit old school.....you need to subscribe to The Reel Image to get the sales lists along with Steve's great magazine. There's a link on the website to download the subscription form. It's so worth it!

Comment

Hi Paul,

I have from the Reel Image Jurassic Park-reel, Tomorrow Never Dies Intro and Good Will To Men-Scope Cartoon and you would not be disappointed.
              They are just amazing prints. And the cinema scope is super sharp. Let us know how E.T. is when you receive it.

Ken

Comment

This has been a great Forum to help pair down which Films I will be buying from Steve! Thank you all for posting great thoughts and pictures.

Comment

Presently saving for a raiders of the lost ark as I've always done, part of the event of home cinema. But!! I have watched 45 minutes of it on a Beaulieu projector albeit on Zoom and it's very sharp and colourful and reely looking forward to getting that.

These brand new prints are amazing quality and a tribute to the team who make them happen. Wonderful

We need a good feature release from the uk as well.

Comment

My first purchase will be ET after seeing the screen shots on this thread!

I’ll continue to save for either Raiders or Last Crusade for later in the year, then go from there!

Comment

Working...
                    X