Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used this company and what are their features like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used this company and what are their features like?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here own any of the Super 8 features advertised on the Reel Image website? I want to get one but I can't find any reviews about these features. What is the quality of the prints like? Thanks

Well YES , absolutely . These are NEW Kodak Polyester prints ( color is low-fade ) , produced in Germany by Andec .
    Very good , durable quality .

You can buy with confidence from THE REEL IMAGE ; that's for sure !

Comment

Paul,

I purchased Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade through The Reel Image. It is a beautiful print!

Here are a few reviews you might have missed (from the 8mm Print Review Index):

From Russia with Love
      Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
      Rear Window
      Rio Bravo

Comment

Originally posted by David Baker View Post
        Well YES , absolutely . These are NEW Kodak Polyester prints ( color is low-fade ) , produced in Germany by Andec .
        Very good , durable quality .

You can buy with confidence from THE REEL IMAGE ; that's for sure !
        Thanks David, that's fantastic news. I appreciate the feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
          Paul,

I purchased Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade through The Reel Image. It is a beautiful print!

Here are a few reviews you might have missed (from the 8mm Print Review Index):

From Russia with Love
          Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
          Rear Window
          Rio Bravo
          Thanks Doug, those links are fantastic. I've not seen them before but cheers for sending them. I'm going to get the E.T. feature and just wanted to check out what other people thought, so thanks again for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Comment

Paul, You will love this print!

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver Feld View Post
              Paul, You will love this print!
              Oh wow, thanks Oliver. They've actually got guns as well For a minute, I thought it might be the 2002 version. Definitely getting this now, no question about it. The colours are amazing!!!!!

Comment

It would take me over 1000 words to praise both Steve Osborne and his Reel Image creation. Cheers, Shorty

Comment

Hi Paul, In 2017 I came back to the hobby after almost 40 years and all I can say is that it changed my life in a way I could never imagine!
                  This time around I was aiming at Full Feature purchases. eBay provided the first few but once I learned of the Real Image I gave Steve a try.
                  My first feature on Super 8 I ordered from him was Vertigo. A real outstanding print! The next was You Only Live Twice in scope. Based on this excellent print I have now Rio Bravo, Rear Window, The Man Who Knew Too Much ( James Stewart / Doris Day ) and Chicken Run, if you believe. I guess I am saying that Steve has made a new way to enjoy 8mm again.

Comment

Hello Paul. Best described as the USA Derek Simmonds of Derann. A very dedicated supporter of Super 8 with probably the largest range of movie items for sale in one place.

If you dont subscribe to the Reel Image magazine do so it will open up a new world to you.

Very nice chap Steve

Comment

I almost forgot to mention From Russia With Love. Excellent color and sharpness, among the best I've seen on Super 8...and to correct the spelling Steve's company is The Reel Image.
                      ​​​​​

Comment

I haven't reviewed this yet on the Forum. But here are screen shots from the first run I screened this print. . I offer these to hopefully capture the excellence The Reel Image delivers.
                        my 5 year old smartphone lacks the punch needed to represent this amazing release in all of its glory.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here's one more

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200209_193256.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	19810

Comment

Burton,
                              You own an amazing collection! Congratulations!
                              I still (and always will) prefer Super 8 and everyone who watches one of those prints „can’t believe their eyes“!
                              Paul,
                              did You get „E.T“?

Comment

Working...
                              X