• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig p8 lamp conversion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201027_163739.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	19783 Hi. I am visiting my mum who has a Eumig p8 lurking in the loft that was not working due to the bulb having gone. My brother ordered a conversion kit instead of a new bulb, but it has come with no instructions. Unfortunately he now can't visit mum due to covid restrictions. I am just wondering how easy it is to convert it so that we can set it up.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Welcome and well done. Main thing is take your time and you will need a few small nuts and bolts. Always work on equipment disconnected from the mains supply. Note the position of the old lamp/bulb filament as you will need to align the new Halogen lamp in a similar position.
    You have the white holder which will support the lamp and supply the 12 volts needed to run it.

Comment

Hello Louisa, The conversion of Eumig P8 lamps is a constant source of conversations on the forum. Delving back into the archives will reveal this.
      However you will need a lot more than your photograph to make this work.
      Was the kit sold specificaly as a tungsten to quarz conversion for Eumig P8?
      The 2 tungsten lamps Eumig used are designated A1/186 [2 pin base] and A1/193 [4 pin base].
      Conversion of the 2 pin would be easier but both are far from simple to convert.At one time a conversion was made for the 2 pin which simply fitted into the original base, but never for the 4 pin.
      what you have received seems to be a replacement spotlight base as used in shop lighting Sorry for not sounding positive, but this not uncommon.However if your Eumig is a NOVO series you are in luck you don`t need to convert as the bulb will fit straight in! Good Luck Tom

Comment

Working...
      X