Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

" What NEW Super 8mm Digests would you like to see released ? " - was the question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see a much longer version, in SCOPE, of BLAZING SADDLES, the current 400' is good, but it needs much longer for all those Mel Brooks gags. Of course I'd like to see another version, again in SCOPE of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS of the THIRD KIND, I know Derann did bring a few F/L prints out, but I believe there was only 20 or so ever made.

Comment

I would love to see Nolan's movies or the old Superman Fleischer Cartoons

Comment

Just a thought.

So many times have I heard that most / all full length prints of the following have turned pink.

So..........

How about a new RE-PRINT of... 2001: A Space Odyssey ?

Scope + Stereo = Perfect.

Comment

I see the usual shot gun approach of releases requested.

Best science fiction or horror release as other genres never sold as well.

Considering negatives have to be acquired the most realistic choices and likely best sellers from David’s list would be either Back to the Future 600 or Jaws 800 a slightly longer version than universal 8 version.

if you want a fantasy selection Jason and the Argonauts 600/800. Guaranteed seller.

Comment

Back to the future 600 feet Planet of the Apes in Scope 600 feet Charlton Heston we only had 200 feet it would make a good half hour

Comment

THE DARK CRYSTAL in Scope
              LEGEND (Ridley Scott) in Scope
              THE WRATH OF KHAN in Scope

Comment

Ahh yes, The Dark Crystal, but I would prefer that as a feature.

Comment

Oh but Osi , a FEATURE would be EXPENSIVE .

Comment

I can only add what i would like of course;

Films; HORROR OF DRACULA, SON OF KONG, and Carpenter's THE THING....I think that last one would be a nice show-stopper

Comment

This has all been really fun and cool.....but will you all put your money where your mouth is ?? If not , it's all been pointless and any future releases will be what I want to see on super 8 film .

Comment

Well, what it comes down to, David, is what YOU have available in source material.

Comment

No , not really . didn't you state that YOU have DRAGONSLAYER ready with a cut YOU made ? Why haven't you sent it out for production ? Is lack of $$$$ the answer ??

Comment

So ,come on , get real people .
                            You all know it costs THOUSANDS of dollars to do what Steve and myself do for this hobby .
                            Out of 200 interested parties for the digests I released , a mere 10% of you actually bought .
                            I do put my money where my mouth is .
                            So LOOK OUT !!

Comment

But in all seriousness , I think everyone who posted came up with some really good choices !
                              There was a big variety of genres and diversity too .
                              And yes , it would be SO COOL if there was enough financial support from the super 8mm / 8mm community to see that all your wishes were granted !

Comment

BTTF 600ft would be perhaps ideal and we have just had the 35th anniversary of it as well :-) You would also pick up orders from those who collect DeLorean collectables who are many and varied.

Comment

Working...
                                X