Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

" What NEW Super 8mm Digests would you like to see released ? " - was the question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the question was regarding digests, but How The Grinch Stole Christmas (1966) is the answer. You'd sell out of those. I'm pretty sure every collector would kill for a print of that. Legit.

Comment

I whole heatedly agree with Ruth, I would most certainly buy a print of the 66 "Grinch" TV special and with the special editions, you would have a very good soundtrack available. Dave, in preparation, I had taken the existing "Dragonslayer DVD and did my own edit on my PC in preparation for a possible scope release as I knew. A fellow who had a scope copy of it, but there wasn't enough people interested to make it possible and, as you say, even ten years ago, the cost would have been high, but not as high as now.
      ​​

Comment

Alright, add MAGOO'S CHRISTMAS CAROL and RUDOLPH.....definite sellers, Shorty

Comment

David's hit the nail on the head, its all about those who says they will buy and who actually do..... A short list of the most popular film or films and do the costing of how many it will take to make to happen, i'm sure David will have an idea of this number, if he's got enough interested parties, get deposits from them and go for it. I would not expect David or anyone else to do this for just the love of it, he needs to make something for his efforts. This will sort out the men from the boy's. First time around 200 interested parties, and only 10% actually parted with there cash?, why does this not surprise me..........

Comment

It is clear to me now.....

what would David do for a Klondike.

👍👍👍👍👍

Comment

I am delighted with both the very cool 200ft of "The Curse of the Werewolf", an immaculate, Sharp Black & White Print & "Jurassic Park". I personally was never a fan of Jurassic Park, but I was totally engrossed in this absolutely excellent digest, better than the full length film. On screen it looks WOW!! and the sound is the best I have heard on Super 8.

A very slick, professional first class job on both of these highest quality releases which leaves me looking forward to pre ordering & backing the next of David's endeavours!

From the list, these were my first choices in any order:

BACK TO THE FUTURE ( 600 FT. )

JAWS ( A NEW 800 FT. SCOPE )
              MORE " HAMMER " FILMS ( ANY LENGTH - COLOR PREFERED )

MUSICAL SHORTS ( ANY ARTIST - ANY LENGTH - COLOR PREFERED )

FRIDAY, THE 13TH ( ANY FILM PART - ANY LENGTH )
              A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET ( ANY FILM PART - ANY LENGTH )

I'd only add, after the recent trailer to "Pulp Fiction" I would like to see more of that one & one of my favourite is the "Once Upon a Time in the West" cut down.

Comment

Actually Paul ... When I and Gian worked together to form "Giosi Films", we had no delusions as to making any money and we didn't even break even on our one and only release, "Saturday morning Madness", but we didn't even figure we would, it was sincerely out of love for the hobby.
                ​​​​​
                ​​​​​​

Comment

It could be one of the reasons why Super 8 has survived with the 'for the love of it' good souls who have made these film releases happen instead of dreaming about it.
                  Steve O of course with some amazing titles and now young David who really loves film. It shines thru every time and I have nothing but praise for them and those who have gone before!

I would gladly donate £50 in the pot to make a negative happen along with others for a popular title.

The usa guys are doing good market research and the technical side is most definitely top end. Razor sharp prints and worth 2 or 3 months wait for delivery.

Comment

I get your point Osi, if your doing it for yourself for a bit of fun and love of the hobby that's fine, but spending any kind of money just for "the fun of it " makes no sense at all business wise, my point was David has been pro active here, that's to be commended, but he needs people to buy the film when they said they would, not just talk about it..............

Comment

This is reminding me of the July - Sept 1983 PM Films newsletter where they are asking for 35 people to express an interest in a film and if they got them they would all be asked for a £40 deposit fro them all before ordering the prints. A good idea to repeat or what goes around comes around?

Comment

SUPERMAN RETURNS - the plane rescue in full. Or a digest that had most or all of that sequence and then some sense of the story.

Comment

Very Good Paul Browning ; you seem to get the jest of what's going on here and a feel for true intent .
                          Oh , and here's another example of putting your money where your mouth is -
                          A well - known collector from this forum , who is constantly searching for all types of super 8mm films , was adamant about wanting one of the new digests upon release but instead of sending payment for one sent a letter with a whole page of " wants " , with an explanation of not buying the digest , but seemed interested in spending MORE money on their OTHER wants .
                          Personally It's up to you . But just remember , anybody is only as good as their word is .
                          So Paul , where did that leave the other 90% ????

Comment

Very unfair If you put your name down for one of these releases and did not follow through. A big let down for David and the rest of us that did buy for the possibility of future releases.

Comment

I thank you ALL for your comments , ideas and thoughts and wish you ALL the best of collecting !

But I think it's time to move along , so DOUG , if you're watching , PLEASE put a cap on this thread .

Comment

Hi David, I'll make you a deal....the topic stays open but you don't have to look at it anymore!

Comment

Working...
                                X