No announcement yet.

Dont sell on ebay!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have known of buyers that send back a "defective" item and in reality they kept the good one and sent back their broken one instead...in fact upgrading theirs at no cost.
    When I sold on Ebay I included the serial number of the projector I was selling just in case a buyer decided to make a switch-a-roo. It never happened but I was prepared.

I have several projectors that I need to sell ... but reluctant to sell on Ebay again (for all the reasons stated above.) I'll probably list them here on the forum and see how that goes or just donate them to the local Goodwill.

Comment

Usually, a good seller will work with you on shipping if you ask him.

Comment

I have sold cine kit to most parts of the world and have never experienced such an abysmal buyer. Who obviously is i n the hobby, 4k positive feedback but only as a buyer, So has no notion of what private sellers provide, and , I believe, is one of the many buyers on Ebay who think all sellers are businesses selling brand new items. It just makes me gag that I refund the buyer partially, and assume that sit , then a month later I have to fully refund because now hes broken the projector, that for 40 yers worked perfectly. And Ebay supported him. So the question is when does liability for a sold item end?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Barton View Post
          ....I'd be interested to know if this buyer is on this forum....
          Mark
          As you know the buyer's name you can check if he is a member of this Forum by searching "Member List" at top of the page.
          Let us know.

Maurice

Comment

Janice, that is one of the smartest ideas I have ever heard! That would really stop the fraudsters in they're collective tracks!

Comment

-just don't tell 'em you're doing it!

On a lot of our machines the serial number is on the back cover and can be swapped at will. I've done this on my own machines just because a parts machine had a nicer looking cover than one of my runners.

As I understand it, identifying information like that is supposed to be put on the main chassis, but these could have been built before this was figured out.

Maybe putting a discrete little mark in an obscure spot might be the best way to go: a little marker swipe or a colored dot sticker.

Comment

Working...
              X