No announcement yet.

What is the most beautiful projector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember that the P8 had those everlasting metal belts and that took forever to wear out, and it was literally the size of a toy projector, for Pete's sake, (and who in the heck is this Pete?!). Those arms cleverly folded down inside the projector, which was especially neat. The box that it stored in was really small and we'll designed with the storage space for the reel. The one that we had was, I think, a slightly later model, as it had the edition on the back to "sync" a reel to reel tape player to it.
    ​​​​​​

Comment

AGA Baltic, Bell & Howell Filmo 57, Bell & Howell Filmo 122

Comment

For me it's the RCA Hollywood and although I like the Gaumont Kalee that Maurice has posted, I prefer the earlier models

Comment

Not mine (unfortunately) but it was called 16mm "Rolls Royce" from our side .

It is also DNA of Beaulieu 708 projector ("Buisse & Bottazi" initiated B708 Design) :

Click image for larger version

Name:	projecteur-Buisse-et-Bottazzi-16-mm-1-removebg-preview.png
Views:	318
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	21102 Click image for larger version

Name:	projecteur-Buisse-et-Bottazzi-16-mm-3-removebg-preview.png
Views:	272
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	21103 Click image for larger version

Name:	projecteur-Buisse-et-Bottazzi-16-mm-4-removebg-preview.png
Views:	273
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	21104

This is a great collector item , very prized , very rare............

Here is a link for Philippe Picot "Buisse & Bottazzi" Museum (French Language) , just Great !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh2-U1f0JWs

Enjoy it

Comment

Terry whenever I hear RCA Hollywood I always remember our trips up to John Ferrari for one of his roast lunches and a Hollywood 9-5 film afternoon. My goodness shame we cant turn the clock back and do it all again. Classic looking projector.

Comment

Here is another 16mm projector I have. It's not beautiful, but is is unusual and rather rare. Its sound is amazing and the separate speaker case has four speakers in it. And, it comes with many accessories.
              It's a Hungarian Fite 16CN.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...ctor-162596941

Maurice

Comment

Lee
                I did once travel up to Scotland to buy a couple of projectors from John, but not offered the hospitality you enjoyed, but he did offer to sell me his 9.5 Hollywood some years later. I will forever kick myself for not taking up the offer. That projector was recently sold on eBay to someone in Scarborough I believe. You probably remember John using it for a 9.5 show at Harpenden. Sadly I missed that too😒

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	78b9569d720952d77ac23125ae3b75d6.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	21116

For me its two Elmo`s for 8 and 16mm really.

Super 8 ST600D twin track Black, love these machines. Though don`t have one at present.

Got a lovely Silver one we got from Rob, though, lovely to use.

16mm Elmo AL + Golden Eiki SSL bit of a tie there, probably just pipped by the Eiki on looks.

St 8 The Bolex 18/5 too.

35mm, never been there, almost did, but then got a grip, Crackers enough as it is.

Best Mark.
                  Last edited by Mark Todd; November 19, 2020, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Interesting question, i have 181 projector of which almost all are made by Eumig but the most beautifull projector is not in my collection. I have worked as a projectionist right at the end of the 35mm era. in a cinema that was using this format up until 2011 before going digital. two of the projectors were Zeiss Ikon Ernemann VIIIB from 1958 which played two to four shows a day. they are the most beautifull ones i have ever seen. one of them is now collecting dust in the lobby of that cinema and the other one is still in the cabin but also has not been used since 2011.

Comment

For me it’s the Zeiss Ikon Movilux range. I have a turquoise one which everyone thinks is my wife’s handbag… Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0153.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	92386 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0154.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	92387

Comment

Working...
                      X