Ebay snowflake buyers yet again!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay snowflake buyers yet again!!!!!

Unbelieveable!!!!!! I sell a Eaulieu 6008, buyer says doesnt work (even tho a video accompanied the auction description showing it working perfectly) I refundm, get the camera back and find the trigger snapped (they must have used force to press it down not realising the lock button was on £300 quid down the drain plus TWO lots of postage, free to the buyer and i had to pay postage back) A fujicascope sh30 buyer says opt sound poor, gets a £175 partial refund, two weeks later wants a full refund as projector now doesnt work (video showing it working etc etc) And just a min ute ago a buyer of my Elm o ST1200 WITH free FEATURE FILM AND ELMO 9132 EDITOR (SENT FREE IN TWO PARCELS) says it chewed his favourite Tom and Jerry film. Again video shot showing it working!!!!!! Sorry folks but WTF is going on with these buyers. My stuff works Ive owned it years without problems and fully cared for. I hope that the buyers of any of the kit mentioned here is on this forum, because im sick and tired of these bloody stupid idiots who either dont know how to use cine kit or figure it must be brand new and faulty, not realising most kit is at least 40 years old, not digital and have to be treated with respect, ie proper trimmed film etc etc. I am so bloody annoyed, seriouysly of thinking of selling my collection to a dealer and be shot of celluloid. UUUUUURRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH

I feel your pain Mark. I'm having similar issues with a Super 8 camera I recently sold on eBay. You can find that thread over at the "General Yak" section. I have yet to resolve the issue!

Comment

It really is totally shocking. Can we have their eBay name so we can add them to our blocked list?

Comment

Mark

How terribly upsetting. You may have to sell to callers only.

Obviously, this is not really convenient, but at least it would ensure that the buyer can see the item fully working and be told of the way to operate.

Unfortunately instruction books nearly always seem to walk and are not with an item when it is finally sold. New purchasers may not be fully aware of how to operate, viz the locked operating trigger, and possibly not knowing how to use auto thread.

Maurice

Comment

So annoyed to sell working cared for items, then get them back damaged due to operator incompetence. Hey ho.

Comment

Will someone please explain to me what is exactly is a "snowflake" buyer. Incredibly bad luck there.

Comment

Mark, What I don't understand is why you continue to sell on Ebay after all the problems you experience when there are many other ways to sell your stuff. Why not book a stall at the next Blackpool convention. You may not get the top price for your gear but you will have none of the headache's associated with Ebay sales and you can enjoy chatting to all the collectors and even enjoy the film shows. If Blackpool is too far too travel you could sell at the next Pimlico film fair next April (hopefully ) again enjoying meeting collectors. Failing those there are still a few dealers around who can sell on your stuff. Why not also advertise your films and equipment on the forum itself.

Ebay will probably give you the best price but as you have found out can come with major headache's.

Graham S

Comment

Thank you Graham, Ebay good for general exposure but the quality of the buyers has dropped, anything slightly imperfect, paintwork etc, if not mentioned sets them off. Im thinking of creating a website and simply doing it that way. Stay safe, mark

Comment

Reading all of this and seeing the new listing makes me think selling equipment on ebay may be more trouble than its worth. A number of years back i did buy my second 1200HD off ebay, while it was very cheap it was listed as only requiring new belts, however, when i got it the belts were goo and so was the rubber on the shutters other edge, it needed quite a bit work doing. I didn't complain though as it was a fair price, but not listed particularly well.
                  I think today there are people who use ebay with the intention of being problematic to sellers which is why ebay needs to do something about it.
                  Osi, to answer your question about snowflakes, (aka millennials) these are people who no longer understand what a joke is, they find everything offensive, they believe everyone owes them the world an are basically, pink and fluffy around the edges. All bought about by a do gooder generation. Snowflakes are often so messed up they no longer know whether children they have are boys or girls, so they deicide they will let it choose what it wants to be later in life. my guess is, they only ever buy off the internet as they live on-line maybe only going out to go Uni or to a party.

Comment

Ahhhh. The average, wouldn't know celluloid from a spoon populace
                    The. I.Q. drops the farther you get away from a projector.

Comment

Just to add a little to what is a snowflake, heres where we'r at, this week in this "country", radio 1(most popular with the snowflake and PC brigade, bbc of course) it was announced that they will no longer play the full version of the brilliant and popular xmas song fairytale of New York!!!! Nuff said.

Comment

I’ve always added its vintage electronics these can work one day the next not so well therefore this is not returnable

Comment

Based on the problems raised here we should be aware that the average eBay "snowflake " has never used this equipment before and would have no idea how to operate or care for it.
                          An almost guarantee of trouble ahead. I have Aquired a majority of my equipment and prints from eBay. In that time I have found fault with more equipment than prints. My suggestion, which is only my opinion that I offer for consideration is that we use This Forum for what it meant for. Fellow Collectors. Give other experienced and capable Film collectors the first chance before listing on eBay. Might turn out very well who knows?

Comment

....... Or maybe we have some "snowflake" sellers ? More likely an inexperienced first time seller (with "0" rating) I suspect.

Saw this on Ebay. Went for it even if it might have ended up being a bag of spanners. For the price, it would not have mattered.

Sankyo 501 - In full running order. Great condition............ £19 post free !!!!!!!!! Buy It Now !!!!!

So I did. Now you can understand why it wasn't a problem if it was a bag of spanners. It would have taken most of the money to post it.
                            After about 24 hours the seller must have either woken up or checked the postage cost.

Message in my "in" box.

"Seller cancelled the transaction. Full refund given."

On this occasion I can understand it. The most annoying factor, though, is that there was no facility on my screen to retaliate if I had chosen to. The option of either "Report Buyer" or the option to give negative feedback had been removed. Even on the Ebay notice of cancellation Email the person's I.D., although displayed, was not "clickable" so, if I had wanted to push it with the seller, I would have had to go through the long winded "search" facility. And even then, there was no facility for me to complain to Ebay directly.

I always thought there was some penalty system for a seller who backs out of a sale?

Comment

Even though eBay can be a great place to sell stuff and to get good deals it is also a scammers paradise. Now as Melvin has just pointed out, being a buyer can have its troubles too. it is a double-edge sword.

Comment

Working...
                              X