No announcement yet.

Eumig S 710 D Motor Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chip, I don't know where you could find a substitute spring already sized with the proper strength. I'm pretty sure Eumig themselves manufactured that spring in-house. It would just be a case of trial and error until you found something that worked unless you locate an original.

If you think it needs more tension cut off about 10% of it and form a new hook at the end and see what you get. If there is still not enough pressure take off a bit more. If you find it is too much pressure simply spread the spring a bit to lessen its pressure.

But like I said earlier, make sure those rubber drive discs are free of ruts and are perfectly flat before you mess with the spring...

Comment

No luck with the spring. Time to move on. I will keep it for parts. I over stretched the spring. Oops. I have my eye on a Bell and Howell 626R on Ebay, super 8 sound only. Thanks to all who chimed in, this info has been invaluable.

Comment

(I thought I'd attach this question to this thread since my problem directly relates to my process of replacing the motor mounts with Van Eck units.)

I was so proud of myself (after reading the wonderful tips in this forum) to actually install new motor mounts in my Eumig S 712 projector. Trying to get access to the front mount was extremely challenging (but successful) and resulted in having to remove the front main power knob.

Now the problem is that I can't seem to re-install the knob mechanism. The plastic control piece over which the actual knob fits, will not fully push into place and allow me to secure it with the lock nut that was on originally. Since I didn't pay enough attention when I pulled it off, I am assuming that I need to somehow hold back the spring-loaded mechanisms on both sides of the plastic wheel to slide it into place. The problem is a mysterious "finger" of plastic that "wobbles" around in the area that the plastic wheel needs to fully slide in. I actually went out and purchased a repair manual but unfortunately the manual only covered the amplifier components.

Since pictures tell a thousand words, I've attached some pix to illustrate the issue.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for any responses
        Attached Files

Comment

From another post:

From Joseph Banfield:
          First of all the back motor mount can not be installed from the front of the machine and the control knob section does not even need to be accessed to install the back motor mount. If you did install it from the front you will need to remove it and reinstall it from the back of the machine.

The small plastic rod you are talking about is a piece of nylon that rides on the nylon control cam that you removed and controls the microswitch that turns the lamp on and off when the control knob is switched to projection.

The plastic piece must be moved to the left a bit when reinstalling the nylon cam and it will find its proper place and ride the cam as intended.

My comment:
          For others who might be in the same position as I was: do NOT remove the plastic control cam knob mechanism. Once you remove the lock nut and pull it out, it releases the spring-loaded gears behind it and is very difficult to put back in correctly.

Comment

Working...
          X