A cure for redness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A cure for redness

May I kindly draw your attention to an interview with Alberto Vangelisti and his O.R.S. color treatment:
    https://off2.de/dialog-uebersicht/al...rview-english/

If you like to see some moving picture examples of his work, you’ll find some treatment-results in this video starting from 8:05 (link should bring you directly to this timestamp):
    https://youtu.be/ak5vy1rFcn8?t=488
    It is in german language only (sorry about that), but the images do work without explanation.

I hope you enjoy it! With many thanks to Alberto. Best, Joachim

Thanks Joachim
    very impressive service but I wonder why it is not available for 16mm? Maybe that will follow soon depending on the number of enquiries.

Comment

Terry, it's available for 16 mm prints as well.

Comment

The “redness” is gone but the results are still faded.

Comment

Essentially this is the subtractive process - stripping some magenta layer out enough to bring back the color balance. If there's little or no yellow/cyan left then it would be of little or no use then.

Only if someone would somehow figure out the "additive process" by adding yellow/cyan back to the emulsion layer, the problem will be really solved then. But I don't expect to see that within my lifetime to be honest.

Comment

I can see this treatment being very effective for black and white prints that were printed on color stock that often look pink now. I have not heard anyone address that need before regarding this treatment. Anyone know if it is effective for that scenario?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3031.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	27739 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3030.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	27740

Comment

Dominique, those two photos are impressive. That is really awesome how underneath the tape splice the film is still red! The first time I heard of this process my first thought had been if this would work with black and white printed on color stock. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Comment

Dominique, may I use one of your pictures for the interview page? Best, Joachim

Comment

Sure, Joachim, with pleasure.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

The process is pretty amazing, the price is also good, however it's a pity that the being in South America the shipping costs possibly exceed those of the process.

Comment

It depends on the filmstock and on the fade itself, but the result is astonishing

Comment

I'm having to wait until my tax return comes in, but I am looking forward to sending off to Alberto my Grizzly print, as I know that with the level of reddening, I think it is a good candidate for the treatment. I have heard that perfect blacks are something you can lose in this treatment, but from the screenshots l have seen, the blacks seem to be tolerable.

Comment

Quite a bit of what I have had done have been dramatically improved, but some are pretty much wiped of colour. Best results are definitely with LPP my first one treated returning good as new. The great man has done quite a bit for me and I have been grateful of this unique service.
                              A word of advice. If its Fuji stock don't consider it as mine didn't like the treatment.

Another upside of the treatment is it eliminates minor lines due to the way they are treated. At least I found that the case.
                              A good and valuable service.

Comment

Working...
                              X