No announcement yet.

A cure for redness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone recently had this service applied to their films? Would love to see BEFORE and AFTER images.

Comment

Here is a comparison of my Eastman fading print of Friday the 13th Part 2, before and after treatment, and compared to my TV LPP print. Not exactly a fair comparison but it may give you an idea of what to expect. A number of individuals thought the fade on my Part 2 print wasn’t bad to begin with, but it did remove the red overcast. As you can tell, my print lost its blues at some point and it may have further muted any that were present. Regardless, it is still a large improvement. I consider it comparable to the AG1S prints that have warmed in the shadows yet still hold plenty of other colors.
      Attached Files

Comment

@Lee Mannering

I remember reading somewhere that the treatment works best on Kodak, Eastman and Agfa (I think), not on Fuji and 3M stocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Can Sanalan View Post
          @[B][URL="https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/member/147-lee-mannering"]
          I remember reading somewhere that the treatment works best on Kodak, Eastman and Agfa (I think), not on Fuji and 3M stocks.
          Indeed. This is an extract of an e-mail received by Alberto last year : "I remind you that the treatment O.R.S. was developed for stock Kodak Eastman, Kodak SP and Agfa pre low-fade. It was not developed for Fuji and 3M emulsions."

Comment

Will those film that have been treated with ORS get faded again after years?

Comment

Originally posted by Winbert Hutahaean View Post
              Will those film that have been treated with ORS get faded again after years?
              I quote Alberto again, but this time from a thread still readable on the "old" forum : "All this is a remarkable job on the film and from some tests of aging carried out with the laboratory we are reasonably optimistic also regarding stability over time ... obviously it is not possible to guarantee eternity, but an excellent recovery of the film, this yes." (8mm Forum: Process to Restore color to faded prints (film-tech.com))

Comment

I recently had my 16mm print treated and here are a couple of photos. The bits that are red are sections of film under splice tape which the treatment can't get to.
                But you can clearly see the difference before and after the O.R.S. treatment.
                On this Kodak stock it worked really well.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Can Sanalan; September 03, 2021, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Also, I had this done a while ago, again 16mm and I think it's come out quite well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

When I lost my old email account, I lost Alberto's email address. Therefore, could someone put up Alberto's email contact address, or, please PM it to me. Osi

Comment

Had a few thousand feet done myself an it can be impressive but not with all film stocks take note.
                      generally if the print has a hint of colour you stand a chance of some sort of result.
                      I have a lpp totally pink to go before long and in.my experience these deliver the best astounding results.
                      I also had some precious un branded films done from the 70s very red and once again with a hint of colour these are now watchable again.
                      The reel test for you all is send some in and make your own minds up.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                        When I lost my old email account, I lost Alberto's email address. Therefore, could someone put up Alberto's email contact address, or, please PM it to me. Osi
                        Osi, Alberto is a member of this forum.

Comment

This isn't a cure, more of an improvement, it'll be interesting to see how long a treated film will last before the fade sets in again.
                          Did someone say they have an LPP film turning pink? I cant say i have experienced any LPP print lose its colour. Are you sure it's an LPP print?
                          Personally, the costs involved in this seems expensive, especially if you add the cost of shipping 16m prints there and back, there comes a time when its easier to use filters or buy the blu ray.
                          The results are impressive though, well done on this.

Comment

I sent him a PM, but being that he has only posted once since joining, I doubt that he'll get back to me, so, as I stated, if someone could be so kind as to PM me his email address, I would be quite happy with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                              I he has only posted once since joini
                              Alberto does read the forum. I've just sent you his e-mail by PM 🙂

Comment

Thank, hopefully he'll get back to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X