No announcement yet.

Eumig 810D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First thoughts are if the sprockets aren't turning it could be the rubber discs used for the variable speed between 18 and 24 fps are worn and not transmitting the power to the rest of the machine. There are many threads here that deal with this and treatment with belt dressing to cure. The first thing to check is, with the power off and the control in the central position, turn the inching knob on the rear of the projector (the other end to the lens) and see if the parts move.

You will need to remove the back cover to check.
    I'm sure others will come up with reasons but this is the most common for slow or no movement of the film through the projector.

Comment

Thank you so much, Brian. I'll try to look for a solution to this in the forum. I hope it's easy enough to fix it (and that it can be done without professional help) as I really prefer to keep it and not to return it.

Comment

My association with Eumig 800 projectors dates back somewhat. In the 70s we had a elderly member of our film club who swore by the Eumig 1.1 lens that was until I turned up with a Norisound 120 projector with its wide aperture shutter and F1 lens in 1976. It was no contest but the 1.1 in the Eumig Lux was good and placed on the market for larger venues requiring a longer throw.
        Memories.

Comment

I'm just wondering if those 1:1 lenses are worth the €25 in case I can't manage to fix the working problem (see my comment before).

Comment

Clean the rubber discs inside with white spirit on a paper towell, repeat several times until no black stuff come off the discs and then you should be good to go. almost every single mark, 700 and 800 projector suffers from this.

Comment

Thanks again, Erik. I'll report back.

Comment

I use a spray called AF Patenclene its for cleaning the rubber rollers on photocopying machines, it isn't expensive and does a lovely job of cleaning the Eumig rubber disks.

Comment

Working...
                X