No announcement yet.

Eumig Mark 605D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always used a connector block (often called a "Chocolate block strip") when replacing lampholders either far enough away from it to prevent heat damage or a ceramic one.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Snel View Post
      you can check this by opening up the projector, identify the micro switch for the lamp. then with a small screwdriver engage the switch, it must click, if it doesn't it is broken. if it does plug it in mains (carefull the transformer is now live and will hurt you if you touch it) and push the switch again, the lamp should now turn on. if the switch is misaligned the rotary switch will not push the micro switch
      So I think the problem is the micro switch but I'm not sure how to get to it to replace it. I've included photos to try and help show what I'm talking about.

The first photo shows a switch which is working fine. The second photo shows the switch which is broken, I don't hear a click when I engage it.

I would feel confident changing it but there doesn't seem to be a way to get to it?

Attached Files

Comment

So ignore my last post I'm stupid! It's the other way around the problem is with the first switch as shown in this picture. Although it clicks, when I turn the power on and engage it there is no life in the bulb. Does anybody know the type of switch I need?

Comment

If you're sure it is bad you will need one from a donor machine. Did you try adjusting the position of the switch slightly. Perhaps there is no click because it is not being pushed far enough? I believe from what I remember that this switch is adjustable to some degree.
          Last edited by Joseph Banfield; March 29, 2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Katie Davison View Post
            So ignore my last post I'm stupid! It's the other way around the problem is with the first switch as shown in this picture. Although it clicks, when I turn the power on and engage it there is no life in the bulb. Does anybody know the type of switch I need?
            If the switch is engaging and makes a click, then I think the lamp plug is bad. I would replace this as I outlined in page 1 of this thread. That's the easier way to find out what could be wrong. Finding the micro switch may prove to be difficult without a donor machine. Though you did indicate it seems to be functioning?

Comment

if it clicks it is probably ok, if youhave a multimeter you can set it to beep and then test if the contacts work, it the meters beeps ther are ok. if you need to replace it a donor machine is your best option. there is offcourse a chance someone somewhere (in china) makes the right switch but i have not found it yet. my money is also on a bad lamp plug, thats usually the first part that goes bad. edwin van Eck sells these new

Comment

I have replaced the lamp plug and that appears to have been the problem! Got it working briefly but then tried to set it up to watch properly and the light comes through no problem until the film is running through then it seems to struggle to project? And advice?

Everything is lined up properly and it was projecting properly at first. It doesn't make any sense as you can see the light and if you look into the lens you can see the picture perfectly?

Comment

is the slowmotion selector set at 18fps?

Comment

Hi Erik

Yes it is

Comment

Check the auto-load and film path to make sure there's no bits of film or other debris blocking, or slowing the film down. Also did you replace the belt? A bad belt will certainly slow or even stop projection. Remember this is a sprocketless projector so there are no sprockets to help move the film forward. The projector must rely on the claw to advance the film. Everything has to be working perfectly in order to move the film the way it's suppose to.

Comment

Got it working now, I'm sure there's more to it than this but it apparently just didn't like that particular film!

Managed to get through quite a few films which was great but I think it's overheated now. We'd been watching stuff for at least an hour and I've changed the fuse just in case that was the issue but is it normal for it to overheat or could it be dead?

Comment

Originally posted by Katie Davison View Post
                          Got it working now, I'm sure there's more to it than this but it apparently just didn't like that particular film!

Managed to get through quite a few films which was great but I think it's overheated now. We'd been watching stuff for at least an hour and I've changed the fuse just in case that was the issue but is it normal for it to overheat or could it be dead?
                          It should not overheat with normal use. Did it comeback on after cooling down? Does the fan seem to be cooling the internals?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane C. Collins View Post

It should not overheat with normal use. Did it comeback on after cooling down? Does the fan seem to be cooling the internals?
                            It's at my parents house so I'm going to try it again tomorrow. But before it cut it out it sounded like it had jammed then just cut out. I tried it immediately after this but got no life from anything. When it was working the fan appeared to be working well!

If I come to try it tomorrow and it still doesn't work do you know what would be best to test? I have a multimeter but as I said originally I'm pretty clueless.

Comment

I think I may have killed it There is no power going to the transformer. Changed the fuse in the plug, tried a different plug in the machine and there is no life.

Comment

Ah i see you are in the UK, you know the rest of the world doesn't have a fuse in the plug. Eumig 600 projectors don't use fuses at all, that caused some confusion on my part. it may very well be you killed the transformer but there has to be some other reason for it. like the motor not being able to run at full speed and therefore creating a lot of heat. i have never seen such a defect so i am curious to what it could be. for instance a bad belt can let the projector run like shit. it will also have great trouble staring. that's because the belt has been standing in the same position for a long time and the motor can't pull the belt around the small pulley because these type of motors lack in power.

Comment

Working...
                                X