Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kodak Ektasound 285 Moviedeck Service/Repair Manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodak Ektasound 285 Moviedeck Service/Repair Manual?

Hi all,

I'm new to 8mm and I just got a Kodak Ektasound 285 Moviedeck for a job, since I didn't have anything that could play sound Super 8. My dad and I are trying to troubleshoot an issue and we're looking for a service/repair manual for the projector (we're both engineers/good with electronics so we do have a grasp on what we're doing). We haven't been able to find one online, we've found them for other decks but not the 285. Does anyone have/know where we could find a manual? We have the regular user manual that came with the deck. We'd greatly appreciate any help in finding the manual.

If anyone's curious about our issue: when I feed film in, it gets bunched up between the lamp and the lens. When I first tried using it yesterday, it worked for a few seconds, I had playback on the attached screen, but then it stopped. I opened the unit we found really sticky old lubricant that might have been an issue. I also found that a drive belt had come off of a wheel and I think that's the problem but we don't know what it connects to.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome Fyo! I can provide you with the repair manual...but it limits it's information to common issues with this model. Usually when film bunches up there is a blockage. Either something is bent, broken, or a piece of film is lodged in the path. I will PM you.
    Last edited by Janice Glesser; April 24, 2021, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Janice Glesser View Post
      Welcome Fyo! I can provide you with the repair manual...but it limits it's information to common issues with this model. Usually when film bunches up there is a blockage. Either something is bent, broken, or a piece of film is lodged in the path. I will PM you.
      Thank you so much! I'm sure this will help us.

Comment

I just picked up one from goodwill. Cosmetically it looks nice but It made a squealing sound when running a film on it. Well I dove in to it, removed both spindles, regreased them but the noise persisted so I removed the shutter wheel and the hub and spindle and greased under that. No more squeal, however when I try to run film in project mode the projector comes to a full stop! I guess I should have quit while I was ahead. Any suggestion are welcome.

Comment

Can anyone send me PDF of the Kodak service manual?

Comment

Kim, Send me a PM with the name of the manual you are requesting.

Comment

Working...
            X