No announcement yet.

NEW SUPER 8 FILM RELEASES Things to remember when ordering 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to mention my new delivery of Bond special imports. The prints are on the latest polyester stocks with the new slightly broader stripe. My goodness the quality is beautiful, saturated and with excellent sound.
    Thank you Reel Image for some some amazing screen time. When the Bond theme bellowed from my Misson speakers and Elmo it was beautiful.
    Treat yourself to Tomorrow Never Dies intro reely amazing

Comment

Regarding JAWS - I believe they released a 200 ft and a 2 x 400 ft version from Universal 8. These of course are the digests. Were there other digests?

So, I think JAWS on a 600 ft digest would be desirable - certainly for me it is and if it were to be on low/no fade stock that would be great for collectors who want perhaps better sound and color and a different edit.

Although the Ben Gardner boat inspection with the 'head' popping out would be desirable - is that the only or main scene that seems to be missing from the already released digests? If the "head" popping out was included in a 600 ft digest would that mean that those collector's on the fence would be interested in buying?

Shifting gears, I think HORROR OF DRACULA and CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN in Color of course from Hammer films would be desirable in a 400' or 600' digest. Thoughts anyone? Does 600' seem to be the right size for a digest? I have ordered both Jurassic Park and Godzilla and am looking forward to them from Dave Baker.

Thanks all !

Comment

Yes, it was a 200ft, which I have heard was an exceptional 9 minute edit, and most prints I have seen of that, still looks brand new, and it's full frame. The 2x400ft is letterboxed ( sorry, no head popping out scene), sharp, looks good on my big screen, and I bought my copy about 2 years ago, and it had and still has A plus color, so good copies are still to be had. Just to say so, though it may have sounded like I am critical of new releases, nothing could be further from the truth. Honestly, if I had the money, I'd still love to release great digests, especially that 600ft Dragonslayer! It would be a heck of a digest!

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
          Yes, it was a 200ft, which I have heard was an exceptional 9 minute edit, and most prints I have seen of that, still looks brand new, and it's full frame. The 2x400ft is letterboxed ( sorry, no head popping out scene), sharp, looks good on my big screen, and I bought my copy about 2 years ago, and it had and still has A plus color, so good copies are still to be had. Just to say so, though it may have sounded like I am critical of new releases, nothing could be further from the truth. Honestly, if I had the money, I'd still love to release great digests, especially that 600ft Dragonslayer! It would be a heck of a digest!
          Where did you purchase your copy? I have seen no A+ color vintage 8mm films on eBay - all suffer from some degree of fade and turn to pink - all candidates for Red Print Theater. Maybe it's a timing issue but eBay seems to me to be the best place to find vintage 8mm.

I would be interested in seeing some pics of your projected JAWS Super 8 film. Can you please post a few?
          Last edited by Philip Hamilton; May 13, 2021, 06:14 PM.

Comment

If I get a chance, I'll video some of my digest and put it up on YouTube for ya! Oh, I bought it off of eBay UK. You will find that a lot of the time, the same digest sold in the U.S. sadly printed on quick fade Eastman, will be printed on low fade film stock in the UK. It is just my opinion, but I think that the UK and other countries put greater effort in they're printing than the U.S.

Comment

Yes Osi , let's see it !

Comment

Purchased that Jaws 200ft when it came out from my local corner shop cine dealer. Its a REEL top of the lists good watch on 8. Colour on my youthful purchase went a bit pinky and perky. Put a good sound track on it as well a few years back as the stripe was excellent.
                The great and wonderful Alberto did a colour treatment on it for me a bit ago and the pinky has gone now with a fairly neutral pallet. Where would we be without these great services today.
                Mako Jaws of Death sits with it REELY well.

My own fave Jaws on 8 would be JAWS 2 followed by Jaws 4K UHD and Jaws 3D on spin.

Like many I would love to see a 600ft S8 edit of JAWS on this beautiful new polyester film stock and as with all things 8 at the moment you just never know what will be imported next 🦈 Exciting times for NEW REEL film collectors!

Comment

Lee - can you tell me more about the color treatment that Alberto did - I have always though that once the film began to turn there was really no way to reverse it. Thanks

Comment

Philip, did you have a look at this thread : A cure for redness - 8mm Forum (film-tech.com) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominique De Bast View Post
                      Philip, did you have a look at this thread : A cure for redness - 8mm Forum (film-tech.com) ?
                      Thanks. I have now!

Comment

I just shot the first three or so minutes of the he digest, still looks great, forgive the lousy sound quality, my Eumig 926 is being temperamental. I will try to post it on YouTube this coming Monday. We have a fairly busy week coming Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                          I just shot the first three or so minutes of the he digest, still looks great, forgive the lousy sound quality, my Eumig 926 is being temperamental. I will try to post it on YouTube this coming Monday. We have a fairly busy week coming Monday.
                          Just checking back - did you get a chance to post this? thanks

Comment

Philip you will see the info on the colour treatment on the posts here. I did hear he has improved it further and it worked extremely well with a LPP feature I re dubbed bringing it back to better than ever colour. It wont work with all film types/stocks but have a read up Alberto is a clever guy and turnaround is pretty good with shipping etc. He helped me a great deal after our European exit and customs updates nice guy.

Of all the films I have sent the most rewarding was seeing Dracula AD1970 back to how I remember it all those years ago along with Auto Cine about drive in cinemas. Early Derann prints that are sharp and now have colour again. I think he's done around 4500ft for me and I have been more than happy with the results. Essentially for me he has restored precious memories.
                            A valued service from our Italian friend. 😎

Comment

Working...
                            X