No announcement yet.

That Eumig Claw pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a lot of instruction books hide away with the mains lead. Both never to be seen again.

Comment

I now have a new arm and pin assembly so will be attempting to get this one up and running.
      its a pity there doesnt appear to be anywhere that i can buy the tool for changing just the pin as this can be done in situ.

Comment

As i have written in an earlier thread, the breaking of the claw pin is a pain in the but. i too searched for the tool but even the umig museum doen not have any. And the service companies they worked with don't have them either anymore. when you have this tool you do need a claw pin assembly which means the pin and the brass bushing it sits in. i replaced only the pin in that bushing. to get to it i needed to dismantle the entire projector. I am happy to do this job for anyone but right now that takes a lot of time and simply costs more then getting another projector with a good claw. this is because of the time it takes but also the shipping to Holland and back.

Comment

I struck reasonably lucky in that i have the arm assembly with the new pin installed and also 2 spare pins with the bush to fit straight into the arm. So far in 40 years we have never broken a pin, thats the dummy's who dont read instructions!
          Last edited by Tom Photiou; June 04, 2021, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X