Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bell & Howell 254rs age?, dim bulb?, oiling fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny you should mention that, the problem is, after I put the press tape on the film , the plastic sprockets on the press tape splicer don’t punch thru the tape that is over the film sprocket hole, so a ballpoint pen doesn’t seem to do the job very well when I’m trying to push the tape down around plastic sprocket , thus I used a pin back which has a hole that allows for pushing the tape down a bit as the plastic sprocket goes in the pin back hole. Am I doing it wrong? I never have been pleased with my ability to get the tape properly adhered to the film, and specifically getting the punch hole tidy, which may explain the film jamming in the Sankyo 2000h last week. Although not all the splices were mine 😊

Comment

Jerry
      I assume you have removed the ink refill. This should make the pen just like the original punch as supplied with the splicer.
      The instructions say:- Press the punch over the fixed pins to press the tape down.

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
        Jerry
        I assume you have removed the ink refill. This should make the pen just like the original punch as supplied with the splicer.
        The instructions say:- Press the punch over the fixed pins to press the tape down.
        Thanks, I'll try that again tonight, the writing end of the pen w/o the ink refill seemed too big, but my eyes aren't what they used to be 😊

Comment

So the ballpoint pen worked, thanks for that suggestion. I may even splice together some of this 3” film on to a bigger reel. Thanks for all the help, the Sankyo seems to be working OK now and I’m spending more time checking/cleaning this old film before playing it in the Sankyo.

Comment

Working...
          X