Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Blackhwak Films price their releases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Winbert Hutahaean View Post

I have several 8mm film released by Republic Pictures, but I doubt it was printed on video era. They are standard 8mm and from the box it seems to me they are from 1960s or the latest is early 1970s. Any connection this company with Blackhawk?
    Ken Films did release some 200 ft Republic films. The yellow box is a clue. These turn up on eBay quite often. Blackhawk did start releasing Republic features sometime around 1985 or so (quite a few Gene Autrys). I'm trying to remember if they were Super 8, as I bought a few after they came out on VHS.

Comment

No, Republic had its own lab, they also went video in 1983 and bought out Blackhawk, then all was Beta/VHS...shame really...those Republic 8mm are very nice, just luck 'o the draw if you got a sharp dupe or a murky one

Comment

Browsing through these USC catalogues, three items stand out for me so far:
        1. The sheer volume of titles that they had available and in stock - just staggering!
        2. The extent to which Blackhawk vested into the ill fated RCA CED video disc system, selling players and discs.
        3. The fact that they would welcome giving a tour of the plant to anybody who just stopped by - now THAT would have been something to see! Did anybody here actually do the tour?

Comment

Working...
        X