Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloom in a xenovaron ? Help or ideas please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloom in a xenovaron ? Help or ideas please.

Hi I have two 1.1 xenovarons, one kindly given to me by Tony M, that although the zoom is loose and gone you can move it about if the take the back of the lens off and the image is superb once its where you want it. ( thats putting it in the other lenses sleeve )

But I also have a xenovaron bought no so long ago, in a very nice sleeve that has a not so sharp and sort of slightly milkey look to the picture.

Its way below the loose zoom etc xeno and my elmo 1.1 quality and contrast wise etc

I had it suggestsed it could be damp inside but apprears thats not the issue.

But I can see something on the front lens inside if you will. Bloom ?

As these will come apart, although they don`t like doing too often, can you sort bloom etc out or is it a thats just how it is situation please.

Etc etc all help appreciated.

Many Thanks Mark.

Or anyone got a nice/good Xeno 1.1 even from a bauer I can buy please. Thanks.

Saying that the day the xeno in the sleeve came my bigger screen bit the dust, as if it knew !!! and the elmo one is good enough on my usual size.

PS can you get at the inside of the front lens without causing Havoc ? etc
    Last edited by Mark Todd; August 19, 2021, 06:39 PM.

PS its not bloom I was wrong, thats to do with lens shape ! its more like the build up you can get in Elmo projector lenses sometimes.

Has anyone cleaned an Elmo 1.1 or a 1.1 Xenovaraon ? someone told me the Xeno`s can`t be done.

Best Mark. Thanks.

Comment

Mark,

Here's a thread from the Tech Topic Index that might help:
      Opening & Cleaning Elmo Lenses

Comment

Hi well after I took the xenovaron out of its sleeve you can see all scratch marks from pliers etc around the rear element through the paint in to the brass so looks as if its had issues before, no other reason to go at it like that.

I`ve been assured it was superb before posting and must just be damp, but I really can`t see any.

Its a shame as such a huge step down from usual xenovaron image quality wise, though has a very nice zoom action.

I,ve put my free zoom broken xenovaron I was given in the sleeve now and the image is amazing by comparrison.

Really night and day.

I can return the lens but needs to go back as is with the sleeve, Anyone got a sleeve for sale please, after a metal one.

Thanks Mark.
        Last edited by Mark Todd; August 28, 2021, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X