Announcement: Super8database has been launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: Super8database has been launched

Super8database has launched. After 18 months in development with great help from my friends, we can finally launch our secret project. Take a look at the video below to see what it is all about:

Eivind
    Rather confusing. There is still an access available to the old Super 8 Data. Whilst it has a slight title change, I still thinks it's rather confusing
    https://www.filmkorn.org/super8data/

Maurice

Comment

Perhaps Super 8 movies database would have been a better name. But looking through the site shows it is a good start on showing what has been released, but that, as I find ever time I look on EBay, there are hundreds more releases to go, not to mention that some were re-releases by other compnies after the original ones stopped trading.

Comment

You are to be congratulated! I hope that you will have a section on super 8 optical sound, as there are HUNDREDS of titles that have been known to exist or exist (I have over 50 optical features myself).

Comment

What a fabulous web site! One can only imagine the amount of work that Eivind and his helpers have put into this daunting task. A great source for all the info you need on super 8 releases, and if you want to renew your box art this is the one stop place to go!

Comment

I knew it had been a page in the past named Super8data, but I didn't know there was a copy at filmkorn.org. This is not the same site. I have been focusing on films, and the page at filmkorn seems to focus on equipment.

Optical films would be of interest for sure. Were they distributed officially, or are the ones present films that used to be in airlines? I haven't come across optical films myself, although I know there are a few, so that's why I haven't added any. If I can get more info about them, it would be of interest for sure if they came as official releases.

There are 2500 films registered, and more than 1000 of those have a cover. But the number of releases are way higher than that, so the work will continue in the years to come. You can always find the latest added films with cover at the top of the front page. Remember that you can scroll sideways to see more covers. On the desktop there is a horizontal scrollbar beneath the row of covers. On a mobile you can scroll with your finger.

Comment

Both PM and Derann had releases, mainly shorts (1 or 2 reel), as well as the ex-airline prints sold. These were versions of films also sold with magnetic sound, I believe.

Also would it be helpful/podsible to share with you scans of catalogues from distributors that you at present have very little information on?

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the information! I will add support for optical films when I get the first ones. Yes, catalogs are of interest! I still have catalogs that I haven't got through, but there must be plenty I haven't seen either. So I would love to get those although it will take some time before I get to work on them. I would appreciate it if you have the time to contact me on feedback at super8database.com (replace " at " with "@").

Comment

I have three Super 8 films with optical sound:-

"Hedda" 1975 Glenda Jackson
                  Unknown distributor. 3 x 800'. Colour. Sound

"Conduct Unbecoming" 1975 Richard Attenborough
                  Unknown distributor. 2 x 1200'. Colour. Sound

"Steamboat Down The Nile". Pathe Pictorial.
                  Derann. 1 x 200'. Colour. Sound

Maurice
                  Last edited by Maurice Leakey; February 16, 2020, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Hi I cannot found this site you type in super8database .com and it go's to projector site

Comment

Edward
                      Try this:-
                      https://www.super8database.com/

Maurice

Comment

Thank you Maurice

I have City Heat Clint Eastwood 1984
                        Nadia 1984
                        The 39 Step 1978
                        Super 8 features optical sound

Edward

Comment

Thanks for all the input! I really appreciate it!

To be able to register a film, I would need a bit more information. The following information is mandatory in the database:
                          * The name of the distributor
                          * Reel size and number of reels (like 200 or 3x400).
                          * Is it color or b/w ?
                          * Is it sound or silent ?

Comment

Eivind
                            I have amended my above information, as requested. The features are both in plastic cans which give no indication as to name of their distributor.

Maurice

Comment

Elvind, could you delete my first post on the new site. Didn't realise nickname is the only name to appear and thought my second entry replaced the first. I'm learning. Fantastic work!

Comment

Working...
                              X