Announcement: Super8database has been launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg handled that quickly, Dave :-)

I just added support for optical sound in the software, so now I can start adding the ones you wrote here with reel length etc. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Eivind.....I was going to read your introduction, but its password protected. how do I get to read it?

Comment

SPIKE & TYKE (scat cats), unknown, 200ft colour, optical sound

COPENHAGEN (pathe pic), Derann, 200ft colour, optical sound

Comment

Ooops, Graham! I had made the post a bit in advance, and I had forgot to turn off the password protection I used before I launched. I have fixed that now. Thanks for the heads up!

I have added all films from this thread now except the ones from Edward as I miss some information there. Do you have the information about reels, color and distributor for these three Edward?

Thanks again for all the input!

Comment

City heat Warner brothers Clint Eastwood Burt Reynolds 97mins 3x 600 feet color
            The Thirty Nine Steps 1978 Robert Powell David Warner John Mills Rank Organisation 102 mins 5x400 feet color
            Nadia Joann Carlo story of Nadia Comaneci 1984 100mins United States Yugolslavia tv movie 5x400 feet color

great web site Eivind

Comment

I have noticed you have not included Collectors Club/Collectors Films in your list of Distributors. Also do you intend (perhaps later on) to show more then just the Colour Sound versions of films that also had B&W and silent versions sold by the same distributor also Flat and 'scope versions of the same title?

Comment

Walton did make a 400 feet 20 mins color sound flat
                all films are flat only and no other digest were made opictal prints for airplane screenings
                Nadia change 140mins 7x 400 feet

Comment

Elvind-Do I PM you for the info I want to add or just post here? Also there are lists in the old forum of releases maybe Douglas Meltzer can direct you to them. I remember there was a list of Universal, Columbia, and a big list of Tom & Jerry's.

Comment

Just found the Universal list:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bi...=003173#000000

Comment

Here's a list of Columbia 400 footer's:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/ubb/ul...=000884#000001

Comment

Edward: When you say "Warner brothers" did they actually distribute the Super 8, or was there a different Super 8 distributor for a Warner Bros film?

Brian: We will indeed include both color and b/w, sound, silent, scope and flat. We register a version when we know about it. If we get aware of a different version, we register that one too. Many of the present films in the database are from fellow collectors, and color/sound is more popular, and thus more common in the current database. But as soon as we learn about a different version, we register that one too. I just want to be certain before I register a version.

Collectors Club/Collectors Films is more than welcome in the database :-) We added a few of the most common ones in addition to the ones we have films for. As soon as a new (English) film surfaces from a new distributor, that distributor is added as well.

Larry: If you have a lot of information or cover scans to give us, please contact us by mail at feedback at super8database.com (replace " at " with "@"). That Universal list is indeed of interest, but it doesn't say which reel size it is, if it is color or b/w, or if it is sound or silent. I would need that first to include the films. Maybe someone could help me with this?

The Columbia list has a known reel size. And I presume it didn't have any silent ones? But the color status is still unknown for me. Again, someone being able to tell me about this would be great!

Comment

It was a Warner Brothers film I donot know who printed the films after Vhs come out Derann brought up the prints

Comment

In the Western Genre, Shane was released as a full feature 6 x 400ft by Derann, and Last Train From Gun Hill was released as a full feature 6 x 400ft by Viacom.

Comment

Eivind,

What a great job! I hope to contribute to the site shortly.

Doug

Comment

It will take awhile to actually compile a list of my optical sound features, but i will get it to you when I have it ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X