Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanimex 924 Loadmatic

Hi, and thank you for letting me join.
    I have a Hanimex 924 Loadmatic which I purchased new in the mid 1970's. I'ts been very little used and is in more or less new condition.
    I'm trying to digitise my old Super 8 films via the projector and a DSLR camera. I have it all set up, cleaned the gate and lens and happily the bulb is good.
    To load a film, the instruction manual (not very comprehensive) says to turn the control knob to "Forward", press the "Film Gate" insert the end of the film and it should thread automatically. The only pressable thing I can see is the red switch above the feed sprocket (referred to in the manual as the "Loop Former") which closes automatically when I operate the forward control. The sprocket feed wheel is not turning. By the way, if anyone has this machine but no manual, I'm happy to post a scanned copy. Thank you.

First, let me say that I do not know this projector. My observations are related to pictures I have found on the Internet. I could not find a picture of the inside of an 924, but I did find such a picture of a 808D. So my comments refer to this model, but no doubt, they are probably the same inside as they look very similar on the outside.

The main control knob going clockwise from Off are, Forward, Light, Still. Perhaps the top sprocket, and I assume, the bottom sprocket, are not moving if the knob is set at Still. If in Forward then I suggest taking off the back to look inside. There is a belt from the motor to the shutter. This may be broken, or stretched. The shutter shaft has a worm which connects to the top sprocket. The top sprocket gear connects to the lower sprocket gear by means of a chain. Perhaps there may be dried up grease in these positions. Give it all a good clean and re-lubricate.

The loop former button also appears to be used during the auto-thread set up. To correct a lost loop this button is held down for lost loops to be regained with various curved parts. Thus, the same is done with auto-thread. To activate auto-thread, the control knob is set to Forward, the button is held down, and the film inserted in the slot. The button is held down until the film comes out of the rear of the projector.

Roger, I do hope you can get the 924 going again to your satisfaction.

Comment

Hi Maurice. Thank you very much for this comprehensive reply. Clever of you to find information on the 808D. It appears to be identical except for a couple of cosmetic details. I'm embarrassed to admit that after posting my question, the fact that the feed sprocket wasn't turning triggered an inspirational thought which resulted in my removing the back cover. Guess what ? After not having been used for about 45 years, the drive belt has disintegrated (like a dead, sticky worm :-) Who'd have thought it :-) I've ordered a new one to be sent to me in Spain for less than $9 and fingers crossed, I'll soon be back in action. Excited to discover what's on the films as I can't remember after so long. Thanks again.

Comment

Well done, Roger
        I like a happy ending
        Make sure that any "muck" is removed from the pulleys.

Comment

I will. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X