No announcement yet.

Re-recording sound on features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s absolutely correct. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Comment

Philip i got that bit, its uses a square wave to lock the projector, what i'm asking Stuart is, what is he using to reference the film he recorded to when he uploads to his laptop software, is he loading in the dvd of the film, and comparing the two for lost frames, and then correcting the video shot to match the dvd so that the sound also is the same, frame for frame .........

Comment

Hi Paul,
        I am using the guide audio from the video capture and matching the new audio track to it. I also check sync points throughout the reel (gun shots/door bangs etc) to ensure that original transfer was in sync. There’s often a few surprises!

Comment

Hi Stuart, Ok, i'm thinking could this be done so easily if you are dubbing back to english from a german language print, i think the bangs etc would be there but the vocal stuff might be a problem, would this still work well, or would you need the frame to frame match up ? .......

Comment

Hi Paul. A different language would definitely complicate my workflow but not impossible. Your suggestion of running two pictures would probably be the most elegant solution.
            Alternatively you could trust your eyes and ears to spot any sync discrepancies with your rough video transfer.

Comment

Working...
            X